The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/latestnews.cgi?id=2987

Yuck. The shirt is all right. The kit as a whole is horrible. Would look much better with white shorts.

I'm another 'non-believer' where Marvin is concerned too, although it's nothing more than gut instinct. His touted replacements hardly inspire confidence. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting rather worried.

So, any truth in the rumours on Fantalk about Dougie Hill and Marco Pelosi training with us?

First of me hearing about Pelosi, but I've certainly heard a few times about Hill. Can anyone shed any light on the Grant Murray rumour that was posted too?

If Marv doesn't sign, I'd sign Pelosi and put Ellis in the middle. Scott Thomson is past it and Dougie Hill is a Second Division reject. Either signing wouldn't inspire any confidence at all.

I don't share the same high opinion of Pelosi as some Rovers fans do, but he's the best option out of those three.

I'd be delighted to have Pelosi back. That said, he was better on the ball / going forward, not sure how great a defender he is, which ought to be the priority given we'll be under pressure quite often. But still, I'd be delighted.

Hill wasn't a reject was he? I thought he'd Alloa down to look elsewhere. No idea how good he is, really hard to judge defenders on the basis of a handful of games when you're not especially looking out for them, but he seemed to be highly rated for a while at least, and is youngish for a defender yet.

(Edit: I've just checked some of the end-of-season comments on the 2nd division forum and the Alloa fans were slightly less enthused than I'd remembered.)

Whether it's these two or others, I'm guessing we'll be playing with a couple of trialists at the weekend.

Edited by Yoss

I was getting concerned when Marv did not give us his decision when he said he would. At the end of june at the latest.

It was mentioned in the paper that Marco was training with us, but i believe that was not for long. I havent heard anything about Grant Murray.

I wonder how many, if any, potential replacements we have turned away waiting for Marv.???

My mate is training with the Rovers just now with a view to signing, and he said that Thompson, Hill and loads of the Hibs' under 19's who won the SPL under 19 title but got released.

I'll text him about Pelosi the now.

At first, he said that there was indeed a Marco training, but it turns out that it's Mark Whatley. He doesn't think Marco Pelosi has been training with us at all, but he's going to text me after training tomorrow.

I think to get the best from Macro Pelosi we'd have to with 5 at the back. 3 centre backs with Pelosi and Wilson as wing backs.

Which would only really be an option if we get Marvin back, because as much as I don't like to post negative stuff about our squad, I just don't feel a central defence of Campbell, Ellis and Davidson is strong enough for this division.

I think to get the best from Macro Pelosi we'd have to with 5 at the back. 3 centre backs with Pelosi and Wilson as wing backs.

Which would only really be an option if we get Marvin back, because as much as I don't like to post negative stuff about our squad, I just don't feel a central defence of Campbell, Ellis and Davidson is strong enough for this division.

That's not going to happen - we've just signed three wingers.

That would make the signings of Smith and Williamson look really pointless, though.

I agree about the centre-backs though. I think Campbell will cope, though I think Ellis will struggle with a few of the better players. The thought of Davidson playing in the first has been giving me nightmares for two months now, I really don't want to see him played in defence. I'd rather not see him played at all, but he's going to anyway, so he can go in midfield to stop his unique brand of marking costing so many goals.

That's not going to happen - we've just signed three wingers.

I know, but I think that's the only real defensive set-up that suits Marco Pelosi. The last time he was with us, defending wasn't his strong suit, but he was good going forward. He does have enough pace to get back though, as does Craig Wilson.

I don't think a flat back four with those two at full back is protected enough, and if that's the only defensive formation that John McGlynn is going to use, I think the finances for Pelosi could be better used elsewhere.

Marco is back from Oz and trained with us once last week. As yet he hasn't been offered anything. He definitely wants to come back but at the moment nothing seems to be happening. I do know Hissy is trying to get him to sign for Arbroath if he doesn't get anything with us.

Hill & Thomson have been training for the past couple of weeks. Grant Murray turned up at training last Tuesday for a chat with JM and I have been told he was then training with the squad on Saturday.

Hill & Pelosi were seemingly the preferred signings if Marv wasn't coming back, it's possible Murray becoming available has given him another option.

The more i read this, the more i'm thinking that our promotion seems to have been a waste of time. I mean Dougie Hill, McGlynn has taken leave of his senses if he deems Hill a suitable player for a 1st division club is totally unacceptable.

It's actually the kind of shirt which speaks of solidity, fight and a lack of need to pretend to be anymore than we are and that we will fight until we lie dead on the battlefields of Dunfermline and Inverness. It tells the world that we are Raith Fucking Rovers!

Yessss!!

That strip means business. Non of this fancy dan pattern pish, just RRFC colours.

Thy will be bought.