The New Raith Rovers Thread

I kinda like the strip to be honest would have preferred white shorts though. I suspect the 'official' unveiling on the site might have been delayed in order to parade a newly signed Marvin Andrews which, day by day, seems more unlikely.....

I kinda like the strip to be honest would have preferred white shorts though. I suspect the 'official' unveiling on the site might have been delayed in order to parade a newly signed Marvin Andrews which, day by day, seems more unlikely.....

On the contrary, I think the longer it goes on the better it is for us.

Frankly, no other club is going to just wait about for him the way that we are. He's a risk for any club to take on, and a greater perceived risk by those who didn't see every game he played for us last season, so nobody's going to give him ages to think about it.

I think he's been a free agent open to offers for long enough now for any club to register an interest, make an offer, and then give up on him because he's taking too long.

Basically, I think he's exhausted any other options that were present (if there were any, I haven't seen one iota of evidence that suggests he's wanted by any other team). I know it means that Raith Rovers are effectively his bitch, but I don't particularly care.

It'll be gone soon, and it'll be replaced by some red text that says "Personal insults will not be tolerated on FanTalk. Admin" and that'll be it.

To be fair you can't go around calling people kangaroos, completely out of order.

And I thought p&b was a bit strict.

Dafc.Net is too strict also. Dare to criticise the club and your post will be deleted. Somebody dared to take the piss out of the guy who does the live text updates yesterday and one of the mods threatend to withdraw the service for next season.

Edited by Jimmy85

That wasn't in any way a complaint about p&b, in case any mods thought otherwise, quite happy with it as it is.

There's another site where I have mod powers but I've almost never had to use them, you can call as many people as many things as you like. (Granted it's a site with a smaller throughput and there are rarely any problems anyway.)

Is Dafc.net independent or is it linked to the club?

Fantastic stuff :lol:

who in the hell do you think you are calling me a kangaroo , we arent having slanging matches this is for real rovers fans which you obviously are not you think its funny to try and mock other people yo should be ashamed of yourself you mongo. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
Edited by Michael W

It's not an official site but it is very closely linked to the club

FanTalk is exactly the same.

It was official, then unofficial with a different name, then back to official with the old name, now it's unofficial with the same name.

At all times it has had exactly the same Admin and Mods, with all the same layouts and everything.

Except, bizarrely, in the last change, almost all of the decent posters disappeared, and were replaced by semi-literate marsupials.

Except, bizarrely, in the last change, almost all of the decent posters disappeared, and were replaced by semi-literate marsupials.

Careful, you'll get accused of being marsupial intolerant

Dunc:

I also realise that it's the flavour of the month to slag off the website, and the club, but they're really missed a trick here. ACA are already selling the shirts in store before we've seen so much as a picture of it on the official website. There should've been a notice up yesterday saying that the shirts were on sale in the Club Shop. As a result, ACA are going to benefit from everyone who wants to buy the shirt on its release, and the club lose out on whatever cut ACA are taking.

ACA ARE the official Raith shop ... so what they sell is on behalf of the club and with the club'sblessing and full agreement. Rovers now have a High St presence they haven't had for years which can only be a good thing. The fact they're merchandising is based within a bona fide sports shop used by clubs across the region is surely another plus. It's not a sports shop versus club shop scenario -- in fact, it's the complete opposite.