The New Raith Rovers Thread

New shirt sponsor announced.......

New shirt sponsor.

Dennis O'Connell does the hospitality for the club and often lays on a cracking buffet for the 200club. Very nice man who doesn't pass anyone by.

Hope it works out well for both parties.

*UEFA CUP STORY ALERT - NON ROVERS FANS LOOK AWAY NOW* :P

Dennis is 'Rovers minded' he organised the trips to the Faroes and Iceland, which were outstanding.

Despite organising the trips he managed to leave his passport behind, before the Iceland trip

Edited by Whistle Blower

Dennis is 'Rovers minded' he organised the trips to the Faroes and Iceland, which were outstanding.

Despite organising the trips he managed to leave his passport behind, before the Iceland trip

Dennis is a good guy had quite a few dealings with him over the years

Thats on DVD! :lol::lol::lol:

I have no idea who this man is, yet I know exactly what you are talking about :lol:

/ UEFA CUP NOSTALGIA

• 3 weeks later...

no new kits but the training kits are out http://www.raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/latestnews.cgi?id=2982

the blue t shirt reminds me of an old falkirk kit other than that quite smart and still better than some of the horrific kits teams will play in next season

no new kits but the training kits are out http://www.raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/latestnews.cgi?id=2982

the blue t shirt reminds me of an old falkirk kit other than that quite smart and still better than some of the horrific kits teams will play in next season

The training gear reminds me of the kind of stuff Jimmy Nicholl and co are training in in one of the videos from the mid-nineties, while Chariots of Fire is played in the background.

The training gear reminds me of the kind of stuff Jimmy Nicholl and co are training in in one of the videos from the mid-nineties, while Chariots of Fire is played in the background.

I think the training tops are a bit reminiscent of the Falkirk tops with the jaggy bits (early '90s?). I like red, so I might even buy one :ph34r: .

Check this out.

Rovers list Dunbar

Raith Rovers are willing to listen to offers for winger Joe Dunbar, a year after signing the 25 year old from Newtongrange Star.

What on earth is this about?! Is the guy on a 2 year contract, or is this the SFL just talking shite? I thought he had left by "mutual consent" ages ago.

He arrived on a two year deal last summer, though I've no idea on what terms he left, the club have never said anything about it.

Oh dear. So basically Rovers have still had to pay his wages even though he'd fallen out with McGlynn and clearly, isn't going to play again.

Probably, but it depends on what terms he left. If he walked out then I doubt we'd be paying his wages.

Aye, but I thought that if we're not paying his wages, we wouldn't be advertising Dunbar. To me, it looks like he's still under contract and sucking the wages out of us, so we're looking to get rid?

Who knows. Always helps when Rovers reveal the truth :rolleyes:

Edited by St. Starko

That's true. If he'd left of his own accord presumably there'd be no prolem tearing up his contract and he'd be a free agent. I thought that's what must have happened, tbh, but perhaps not. I'd forgotten he was ever given a two year deal at all until I stumbled across this by chance the other day.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/raithrov...rees.4131246.jp

That's true. If he'd left of his own accord presumably there'd be no prolem tearing up his contract and he'd be a free agent. I thought that's what must have happened, tbh, but perhaps not. I'd forgotten he was ever given a two year deal at all until I stumbled across this by chance the other day.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/raithrov...rees.4131246.jp

Article says he was full time with us too. If the contract wasn't terminated then we've been paying a fairly high wage to him.

Ah, never knew he was on a f/t 2 year contract. Always presumed it would be a p/t 1 year. Really makes you wish the club would divulge a tad more information on the website but that is one of few (if important) weaknesses.

Speaking of the website, how good is the video service getting? We've moved onto very good quality highlights, informative interviews and now we have the season reviews. Very well done and the team deserve all the praise they get. :)