The New Raith Rovers Thread

Either TW sees Scobbie as more of a central option, or he sees McKeown as an option in midfield

Can't see him in midfield. He's been a left back for the last 4 years. He started poorly for us, but now he's solid as they come and I wouldn't swap him.

OK, jumping the gun a bit here - because the seaosn isn't over yet, and will in fact last at least another week beyond game week 36, so cheers for that Ray:

tumblr_inline_n7y8w8Coac1s696c7.gif

Anyway. With all that in mind, what do folk think for our goal of the season? For the first time in a wee while we have a few decent options, for me I'd reckon the following would be contenders:

1. James Craigen vs Alloa: Controls the ball on his chest on the edge of the box and volleys it high into the opposite corner through a packed box.

2. Louis Longridge vs Rangers: 20 yard snapshot with his back to goal. Finds top corner, party ruined, balloons and ice cream everywhere.

3. Rory Mckeown vs Morton: Howitzer like strike from seemingly miles away, drifts left to right like a heat seeking missile and dives out of the sun at Gaston like the Red Baron jumping Snoopy.

4. James Craigen vs St Mirren: Cute shot that completely wrong footed Langfield.

5. Aiden Connolly vs St Mirren: Great break away goal, deft little touch outside from Longridge and Conolly sweeps the ball into the opposite corner at pace.

6. Ryan Hardie vs Morton: Mind those belt and rope things that kids in the 90s had for keeping the football at your feet. Like that.

Edited by renton

Craigen against Alloa for me. McKeown and Longridge's howitzers weren't goalkeeping errors as such - they were terrific strikes - but on both I felt the goalie could've perhaps done a bit better.

Nice to have a genuine choice. Usually we score one goal that wasn't shite and that's the default choice.

Craigen against Alloa. Best goal in front of the South Stand for years. That said I enjoyed Hardie against Morton and Harry against Rangers as much as I've enjoyed any goal at Stark's probably since Allan Walker in the last minute against Dundee. Scenes etc.....