The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hypothetically, if they were both asking for exactly the same money, and there were no acquisition fees, who would you rather have, Wales or Smith?

Definitely Smith if we were in a position to choose. I doubt we are though so I'd be happy enough with Wales coming back.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Dougie Hill off out on loan to Brechin for a month.

Good move.

It's a good move for all 3 players. Beveridge must have done well enough for Mussleburgh to extend, Wedderburn needs experience and hill needs fitness.

I know we've got an excellent defence, they're all fit, it's a short term deal, we've not had him all season and this will actually help us but I still get twitchy at a player dropping out of the senior squad.

I don't know why some people think Wedderburn just needs "experience"!?

i know the boy personally . . nice boy .. fukin shite football player!!

He has earned himself a contact because throughout his boys club days he was 6 foot 6 playing against much smaller boys. Same in the under 16's, 17's, 19's at the rovers. 99 % of the19's are not good enough, including Wedderburn but because we have an under 19's team we have to have 16 boys contracted to the club.

He got a 2 year contract because of his size and also to make at the numbers coz we've got a small squad. I'm sure his contract will be up at the end of the season and the under 19's player . . which is all he ever was . . will be let go.

I will bet anyone £100 that he will not be a rovers player next season! i don't know why people can't see this???

I don't know why some people think Wedderburn just needs "experience"!?

i know the boy personally . . nice boy .. fukin shite football player!!

He has earned himself a contact because throughout his boys club days he was 6 foot 6 playing against much smaller boys. Same in the under 16's, 17's, 19's at the rovers. 99 % of the19's are not good enough, including Wedderburn but because we have an under 19's team we have to have 16 boys contracted to the club.

He got a 2 year contract because of his size and also to make at the numbers coz we've got a small squad. I'm sure his contract will be up at the end of the season and the under 19's player . . which is all he ever was . . will be let go.

I will bet anyone £100 that he will not be a rovers player next season! i don't know why people can't see this???

No bet as I doubt he will be good enough but then again I didn' think Darren Fletcher would ever make it! :ph34r:

Dougie Hill off out on loan to Brechin for a month.

Good move.

Bad Move,

Dougie will do very well at Brechin, might help them win the league,

Which means Lavvie will not,

If we stay down, would rather go to Lavvie than the hedge

warped logic i know but hey ho...

Livvy would generate more revenue for us in a season than Brechin would, plain and simple truth. We need the money

The sad reality is that we need to either go up or for Falkirk to win the league. Missing out on 2 crowds of over 6k people versus the Pars will be a massive blow for us. If the Pars go up, we'll survive but it will mean a wee bit of a financial headache. On top of that, we need Dundee to stay up and in business (the former looking highly likely).

The sad reality is that we need to either go up or for Falkirk to win the league. Missing out on 2 crowds of over 6k people versus the Pars will be a massive blow for us. If the Pars go up, we'll survive but it will mean a wee bit of a financial headache. On top of that, we need Dundee to stay up and in business (the former looking highly likely).

i've not really guaged other rovers fans thoughts on this on here yet, but what would you all prefer? winning the league and going up, to play teams like st mirren, motherwell and kilmarnock, and put up with the glesga bigots coming to town 4 times a season, or stay down in this league, having finished 2nd or 3rd and have our derbies with the pars and trips to dundee, partick, potentially livvy etc?

winning the title would be absoultely tremendous, as is the thought of locking horns with the hearts, aberdeens, rangers and celtics of this world, dont get me wrong but i really like this league, especially with our level of competitiveness with the pars and falkirk this season, the competitive element which the SPL doesnt have is really attractive.

This league is a better league for sure however you would have to take promotion, I was too young last time to appricate us in the SPL and even for a season would be good to go to places like Hearts, Hibs and the OF to see how we get on.

Totally agree with Dazzle. First division is better in terms of fans and mentality in comparison to some of the teams you see but sadly, if we can, then we need to try to get promoted. Even if we went up for a season, got battered about then got the parachute payment it would be decent for us. If we did manage to achieve promotion, I'd have mixed emotions, my only hope would be that we don't overspend to try and keep ourselves there.

Its an experience to play in the spl, but its no goof believing we will go down straight away. It would be better being there with confidence.

But the gates. Lets see, hearts, hibs, dundee united, aberdeen, motherwell, and the old firm and maybe St.J too.. Yes it would be good to see a couple of thousand in the away stand every week. Some atmosphere created.

You never know Dazzle, next season may be the season you could enjoy it all.

After really enjoying last season and seeing us improve so consistently I did think about eventual promotion and what it would entail. I don't really want to be in the SPL at all, TBH - we'd have to spend a bit to avoid humiliation, and that spending would be a heavy burden should we come back down. The OF are proper offensive to me and I hate seeing them in the North Stand, and pissing in the gardens of Pratt Street; tearing up Stark's Bar or whatever. I want to win every game and the 1st means a great deal as a prize, but the Premier is a dead end really.

UNLESS IT WAS SIXTEEN TEAMS AND IT WAS BARRIE

It's a tricky one. I want promotion because winning is the entire purpose of putting a team on the pitch. My concer would be over what came next.

With the greatest of respects to the fans of those clubs, I don't fancy being a St Mirren, Hamilton or Falkirk type club. Quietly queuing up waiting for our turn at relegation whilst suffering dwindling crowds, higher debts, watching our better players move sideways but still away and taking our monthly humbling off two of the most odious football clubs on earth fills me with dread.

If we did go up, I'd be confident we could succeed mind. Wouldn't expect too much off the top sides, but against the bottom half of the league I think we could do well given that we're set up as a team difficult to beat. People really wouldn't enjoy playing against us. I'd hope it would be similar to when we came up last season: teams not anticipating us for much.

Hello...popping in to ask a quick question.

Have you got a match arranged yet for 5th February (SC 5th round weekend)? If not, it would seem the best time to play your game against us since we'll both be inactive.