The New Raith Rovers Thread

We signed kieran Renton from elgin and the few games he played for us that season I seem to remember he made a few big errors. I always liked Chris Fahey but towards the end of that season he started to look a bit edgy and that night against airdrie in the play off was the final straw.

Fahey was a good keeper when he came in to replace the injured Michael Brown, as well as the first few games of the next season. He became pretty inconsistent and error-prone after being clattered by a Berwick player (an incident from which Berwick scored from and Fahey went off injured) and never seemed to regain his confidence. Being rotated with Renton a lot probably didn't help, but he made several mistakes - letting pretty identical two shots slide under him against Ayr in a 3-2 defeat, punching the ball into the net against Cowden and, of course, the dreaded play-offs.

Why the f**k do I remember these things?

He must have been so shite that I have blanked him out totally. Did he have longish black hair?

Nah, that was Ramiro.

Also, you must tell me how you manage to blank out players that were beyond shite. I'm still having nightmares about Chris McLeod.

Edited by Michael W

Nah, that was Ramiro.

No I remember Ramiro. Just had a quick look around the Rovers website and I was thinking of Simon Miotto. Renton is a total blank I'm afraid. Unfortunately I think its old age and I have no skill to blank out pish players or moments. Fahey's play off blunders are still as clear as day.

No I remember Ramiro. Just had a quick look around the Rovers website and I was thinking of Simon Miotto. Renton is a total blank I'm afraid. Unfortunately I think its old age and I have no skill to blank out pish players or moments. Fahey's play off blunders are still as clear as day.

Fahey's antics in the play offs inspired an apoplectic near meltdown on my part, the culmination of weeks of less than great play.

Yoss,Renton in the run up to the play offs was memorable for his shiteness, his hilarious attempt at a kick out againt Brechin that gave a goal away, his two f**k ups against Berwick etc etc

Yoss,Renton in the run up to the play offs was memorable for his shiteness, his hilarious attempt at a kick out againt Brechin that gave a goal away, his two f**k ups against Berwick etc etc

Perhaps I missed those. That was the season I was going to go to every game home and away, but having got as far as March I decided to jack in the job and bugger off travelling for a bit.

(So at least I missed the Airdrie games.)

The Fahey meltdown gang is gathering pace. I was beyond going mental, I just sat there in silence, it was one of the few games I took my missus to and she told me afterwards she thought I was going to have some sort of breakdown because of the look on my face. Ah good times.

The Fahey meltdown gang is gathering pace. I was beyond going mental, I just sat there in silence, it was one of the few games I took my missus to and she told me afterwards she thought I was going to have some sort of breakdown because of the look on my face. Ah good times.

It was a whole seasons good work fucked up beautifully in 2 almost identical errors. At least we can laugh about it now eh? I think

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the stirling vs rovers thread but on the evidence of scott mcbrides free kick on saturday I'd be looking to get him on more of the free kicks within shooting range. Alan Walker is usually a good bet for hitting the target but I can't think of him ever actually scoring direct from a free kick, correct me if I'm wrong.

Renton was brutal,was it stenhousmuir he ended up at after leaving us?not heard of him since mind you.

He was at Musselburgh Juniors last season, played against us in a pre-season friendly (mostly our under 19s). He actually played well that evening annoyingly.

I've got to admit when Fahey came to do the half time draw the other week my immediate reaction was to think 'you useless ****'. thankfully the rational part of my brain kicked in and I clapped him.

I was surprised he never dropped the winning ticket.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the stirling vs rovers thread but on the evidence of scott mcbrides free kick on saturday I'd be looking to get him on more of the free kicks within shooting range. Alan Walker is usually a good bet for hitting the target but I can't think of him ever actually scoring direct from a free kick, correct me if I'm wrong.

Airdrie away in the cup?

Going to be honest I don't it was a free kick, I just remember watching the highlights and being surprised a 1st division player could do a flip...