The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair, we are a bit short of options, though we do have enough to change things a little. In defence, we have Wilson who can come in, and Dougie Hill should be availiable soon too (I've no idea when he's due back here). In midfield, we have Ferry, though he seems to be well out of favour at the moment for one reason or another. Up front, Gary Wales probably could come in, though I'd imagine he's still short of of match fitness. He's not going to get that coming off the bench all the time though, and could probably do with a good 60mins to see how he gets on.

Weir is only any good for coming on to chase people when we're looking to see out a win, and my opinion on Williamson is already well established. It does irk me that Ferry is left out the squad at the expense of these two.

I think we all knew a slump was coming, though that doesn't necessarily make it any easier to take, unfortunately. Expectation levels have shot up as a consequence of us staying at the top far longer than expected.

I've said on the Stirling thread that I'd like to see Gary Wales given the entire second half and his use could allow Tadé / Baird a needed break.

The Ferry business is a wee bit bizarre to be honest. That he wasn't even in the squad last night defies logic and I presume he's picked up a last minute injury that we've just not heard about yet. I fully agree though, he deserves a game long before either Williamson or Weir.

A lot of that eleven look jaded, half a yard slower than most of the opposition and in need of a breather.

Agree,most of them looked like they had done an 8 hour shift on a building site prior to the game but if any team should have look jaded last night it should have been Dundee but they looked the opposite.

Agree,most of them looked like they had done an 8 hour shift on a building site prior to the game but if any team should have look jaded last night it should have been Dundee but they looked the opposite.

Adrenaline baby. Not to mention that they spent the first part of the season with a decent sized squad and a manager who like changing them about. Chuck in the fact that most of their trialists are able to bring a degree of energy of their own and it's not hugely surprising they out ran us.

• 4 weeks later...

The buzz about the town is amazing just now. Every time I meet someone, all anyone wants to do is talk about the Rovers and how well they're doing and whether or not going up is the best thing for us. I can't remember a time when it's been like this, not even when we won the second.

The buzz about the town is amazing just now. Every time I meet someone, all anyone wants to do is talk about the Rovers and how well they're doing and whether or not going up is the best thing for us. I can't remember a time when it's been like this, not even when we won the second.

A post like that, makes me realise how fortunate I have been as a Raith fan to experience the 'Jimmy Nicholl' era.

A post like that, makes me realise how fortunate I have been as a Raith fan to experience the 'Jimmy Nicholl' era.

Aye!

It'd be brilliant if we did go all the way this season so the younger supporters get a taste of some of that. Their time will come some day, hopefully on the 23rd of April this year.

Aye!

It'd be brilliant if we did go all the way this season so the younger supporters get a taste of some of that. Their time will come some day, hopefully on the 23rd of April this year.

I was a wee boy during that spell, albeit quite an alert one - I never knew how much it was spoiling me really. I've often thought, in more recent years, how good it could've been to be 18-23 sort of age (and have a bit of disposable income without too much responsibility) when the Rovers were at their peak. Just to be able to follow it fully and ride the wave 100%. I was able to do that through Calderon's title win and it was a brilliant time - and that was only the 2nd. I'd be truly delighted for folk like Hank - that have only ever known a relatively underwhelming period, eg relegation, failure in the 1st, financial turmoil, Anelka etc, AND STILL made a bond for life with the club - if we could make that game and the end of this season that kind of Event. They've put the hard work in supporting the team before the reward has come, quite the reverse of folk around my age. I realise, obviously, it was the same for people 7 or 8 years older than I am (ie 35ish).

If the team go up this year it will for me be the clubs greatest ever achievement. In terms of how far they have come and everything that gas gone on over the last 6-7 years and all with a manager shocked had sweet fa for a budget.

I was a wee boy during that spell, albeit quite an alert one - I never knew how much it was spoiling me really. I've often thought, in more recent years, how good it could've been to be 18-23 sort of age (and have a bit of disposable income without too much responsibility) when the Rovers were at their peak. Just to be able to follow it fully and ride the wave 100%. I was able to do that through Calderon's title win and it was a brilliant time - and that was only the 2nd. I'd be truly delighted for folk like Hank - that have only ever known a relatively underwhelming period, eg relegation, failure in the 1st, financial turmoil, Anelka etc, AND STILL made a bond for life with the club - if we could make that game and the end of this season that kind of Event. They've put the hard work in supporting the team before the reward has come, quite the reverse of folk around my age. I realise, obviously, it was the same for people 7 or 8 years older than I am (ie 35ish).

I was in my mid teens during the 'glory years' and also often wish I'd been of adult (pub) age. The flipside being if I'd been a student back then I'd probably not have had the 'Bank of Mum' which ensured I barely missed a game home or away. Attendance was harder to balance with competing financial priorities once uni started. Which actually wasn't a problem as Calderon's title aside (a season I went a lot) the football was pish the whole time I was studying.

When we were last in the Premeir league I was an innocent youngster who thought the teams we were playing were huge and their players great. Now, as a cynical almost-30-something, I can't drum up much enthusiasm for the guff in the SPL now.

I was a wee boy during that time as well (around 7 or 8) and I didnt appreciate what was going on at all.

I can only imagine how my dad felt watching us play Bayern Munuch, I thought it was just normal!