The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yep Falkirk fans gave him constant abuse so I imagine he will be looking forward to getting one over them!

McBride on Falkirk fans

I actually agree with most of what he said to be honest. :ph34r:

He said: “The Falkirk fans are embarrassing, they’re the worst set of fans I’ve ever played under in my life.

“To be fair, 90 per cent are good but the others are embarrassing. Some of the shouts are terrible, like four minutes into a game wanting a substitution.

“They change every week, it’s a new player they target every week, although I think I’ve had it from the start of the season.

“That’s why I’m looking elsewhere. I won’t sign, I couldn’t play for them again, I don’t enjoy playing for them.

“I enjoy playing for the manager and I enjoy playing for the team. This is probably up there with Motherwell in terms of the best bunch of boys I’ve played with and it’s definitely the best facilities I’ve ever had.

“But the fans are an absolute embarrassment

“My contract is up this summer but I’ve not spoken to Falkirk and I’ll be looking to leave, if I’m being honest.

“It’s a personal attack. Half of the shouts are not even to do with football.

“My old man’s not got anything to do with whether I play or I don’t play. I don’t here them shouting now that I’m not playing, but when I’m playing they shout that I’m only playing because of him. It’s an embarrassment week-in,

week-out.

“He’s a coach, I’m a player, I don’t look at him in any way other than a coach and I don’t get treated differently to any of the other boys.

“I don’t know where my future lies now, I’ll leave that up to my agent.”

I think this says more about Kevin McBride than it does Falkirk fans. His performances completely justified any abuse he started to take. Article such as these only made things worse for him.

We were total toilet in Yogi's final two seasons and the seige mentality that Hughes created at the club extended towards Falkirk's fans. Moron's like McBride and Higdon were too stupid or cowardly to do anything but toe Yogi's line.

He will probably play very well against us if picked but deep down, if he thinks that reaching the cup final excused his performances in his final season he's delusional. It will be interesting to see what effect 1st division football has on his one-paced and cautious style.

That article doesn't reflect well on him or his professionalism, but I'm ready to judge him anew on his attitude and performances for us - similar to Simmons, whom I think many would agree is our best footballer. I'd be very surprised if he went straight into the team, in any case.

If Simmons is injured, I think he'll be straight in as he appears to be a like-for-like replacement.

A couple of Hibs fans I know seem to think he's a solid enough player, though I've no idea how that reflects the general consensus. Won't offer us anything going forward, but is apparently decent at keeping the ball.

We shall soon see.

Edit: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?206799-McBride-to-Raith

A couple of wee reviews there.

Edited by Michael W

That article doesn't reflect well on him or his professionalism, but I'm ready to judge him anew on his attitude and performances for us - similar to Simmons, whom I think many would agree is our best footballer. I'd be very surprised if he went straight into the team, in any case.

I actually think he might. Would let Walker revert to right midfield which is where McGlynn seems to like him and then allows S.McBride to play wide left, pushing Ferry back to the bench.

It woudn't surprise me.

I actually think he might. Would let Walker revert to right midfield which is where McGlynn seems to like him and then allows S.McBride to play wide left, pushing Ferry back to the bench.

It woudn't surprise me.

Those are my thoughts also. With the type of player K. McBride is, it also means minimal disruption to McGlynn's favoured style of play.

Harsh on Ferry (again), who I think can offer us a lot with his link up play, but such is the way of it.

I agree with this.

However, and in spite of all the bile coming in about the guy, we should judge him after JMcG has got him sorted out!!

Remember when Simmons came to us? according to the Pars he was absolute crap, I don't think so.

Give McBride a chance, if he is gash he goes at the season's end.

Edited by Wee Sandy

I agree with this.

However, and in spite of all the bile coming in about the guy, we should judge him after JMcG has got him sorted out!!

Remember when Simmons came to us? according to the Pars he was absolute crap, I don't think so.

Give McBride a chance, if he is gash he goes at the season's end.

Everyone knew Simmons had some talent, it was his fucking awful attitude that rubbed everyone up the wrong way.

"Defensive Midfielder" jeeeesus!!!! ....stalemate.

We can't score goals cause the forwards have to come back and pickup the ball and then have no forwards to pass to,

and we go and sign a "Defensive Midfielder" ??

First Division football next season

I really hope I'm wrong

"Defensive Midfielder" jeeeesus!!!! ....stalemate.

We can't score goals cause the forwards have to come back and pickup the ball and then have no forwards to pass to,

and we go and sign a "Defensive Midfielder" ??

First Division football next season

I really hope I'm wrong

I just hope you stop typing.

Edited by lzreid

If Simmons is injured, I think he'll be straight in as he appears to be a like-for-like replacement.

A couple of Hibs fans I know seem to think he's a solid enough player, though I've no idea how that reflects the general consensus. Won't offer us anything going forward, but is apparently decent at keeping the ball.

We shall soon see.

Edit: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?206799-McBride-to-Raith

A couple of wee reviews there.

The general consus on there seems to be the polar opposite of what the Falkirk forum is saying. I suppose the fact he hasn't slagged off the Hibs support might be a factor in that.

I think that with the players at Hib's disposal McBride's water-carrier role would see him perform some sort of tidy, efficient role in the side. At Falkirk, he just stopped any forward momentum dead.

He's a contrary fella anyway, he used to love us.

Falkirk made me love the game again.

Apparently he doesn't like ugly, physical football. As long as he has more than 90% of Rovers fans in love with him and the rest of the division allow him the time to pick out McGurn with unerring accuracy things will be just peachy :P

Apparently he doesn't like ugly, physical football. As long as he has more than 90% of Rovers fans in love with him and the rest of the division allow him the time to pick out McGurn with unerring accuracy things will be just peachy :P

That won't go down well with our fans given that McGurn hasn't featured since his mistake against Falkirk at Stark's Park!

That won't go down well with our fans given that McGurn hasn't featured since his mistake against Falkirk at Stark's Park!

Forgive me. I lose track of the comings and goings at the wee teams :P I think you get my point though.

He will of course run the show on Saturday.

Forgive me. I lose track of the comings and goings at the wee teams :P I think you get my point though.

He will of course run the show on Saturday.

:P Not to worry, news travels slowly on your side of the Forth.

And I'm not buying this 'he'll be fantastic against us shite'. The last time your fans tried to pull that, saying your team were on to a hiding, we lost. He'll be terrible no doubt. ;)