The New Raith Rovers Thread

Where have you been for the last 6 years? All the shit we've been through, if any team's fans should know not to underestimate teams it should be ours. In the second division we were getting shafted by the likes of Brechin and Forfar. It isn't that we don't have belief in the team, it's just that we're not daft enough to think that other teams can't come along and take points away from us.

Green Spot on.

IF we fail to go up, I hope next season isn't another re run of 30 years ago.

I have gave my answer to this, expecting results is something for clubs like Barcelona not for a stuttering Raith Rovers hence the Messi exaggeration.

Edit on your edit - Whistle Blower rightly states your getting a bit ahead of yourself EXPECTING things.

Lets get this into a nutshell - expecting Raith to avoid defeat against Dunfermline Athletic and Partick Thistle is tantamount to puttin ourselves on a par with Barcelona!

Feck me..:lol: :lol: :lol:

And feckin Raith fans on a Raith thread are defending him :lol:

Oh please, please tell me another :lol:

Green Spot on.

IF we fail to go up, I hope next season isn't another re run of 30 years ago.

If we don't go up, I'd be hoping for midtable finish. We'll probably lose Tade, I think the most important thing is keeping Baird. He's been a fantastic signing and with a bit more luck and service could have had more goals. Other than that we need to make sure we're blooding in the younger defenders. Given that Grant Murray is going to be 36 in the summer, he isn't getting any younger although he does look like he could carry on. Mark Campbell is sort of similar, given he is 33 however I think he'll be fine for now. While we'll have to cut back, I think it is important we get a player similar to Tade (though it is virtually impossible to think of any).

All depends on where we finish of course.

If we don't go up, I'd be hoping for midtable finish. We'll probably lose Tade, I think the most important thing is keeping Baird. He's been a fantastic signing and with a bit more luck and service could have had more goals. Other than that we need to make sure we're blooding in the younger defenders. Given that Grant Murray is going to be 36 in the summer, he isn't getting any younger although he does look like he could carry on. Mark Campbell is sort of similar, given he is 33 however I think he'll be fine for now. While we'll have to cut back, I think it is important we get a player similar to Tade (though it is virtually impossible to think of any).

All depends on where we finish of course.

Agreed tho other than Black I dont really see or hear of any good defenders coming through the ranks tho hearing the under 19s team doing well is maybe a good sign of things to come

If we did lose Tade it might mean we have to change out gameplan which tho affective for much of the season is shocking to watch at times. In terms of a replacement Casa doesnt seem to get much gametime at Hamilton depending on aviability could be an option and certainly showed he is a very good player

Agreed tho other than Black I dont really see or hear of any good defenders coming through the ranks tho hearing the under 19s team doing well is maybe a good sign of things to come

If we did lose Tade it might mean we have to change out gameplan which tho affective for much of the season is shocking to watch at times. In terms of a replacement Casa doesnt seem to get much gametime at Hamilton depending on aviability could be an option and certainly showed he is a very good player

Brown. ;)

Doubt that, budget cuts if we dont go up.

Doubt that, budget cuts if we dont go up.

Yep if Dunfermline go up our budget will go down considerably. If you take away the crowds we got against Dunfermline and replace them with what we are likely to get against Hamilton it's a fair amount of cash!

:rolleyes:

:P

Oh aye! Fez must stay! Williamson to go! Sadly, if anything it will be the opposite.

Yep Williamson will likely get a five year contract in the summer! :huh:

Let's worry about not going up and budget cuts after the league is over. At the moment we've got 6 games left and we're in with a chance of the title and promotion. Amazing considering where we were fairly recently. We've got six huge games starting tomorrow with Dundee. Do well in those games - or at least better than the Pars and Falkirk - and we'll win the league. Let's concentrate our efforts on backing the team.

If we fail, we fail and we'll have the whole summer to discuss who stays, who goes, what could have been done differently etc

'Mon the fucking Rovers!

Whoever we sign this summer will be cast-offs from elsewhere, that much is obvious. Almost as obvious as will be the subsequent rush from fans of others to tell us how shite they are. Provided McGlynn hangs around I'm sure we'll be fine, as will any of these signings.

As for tomorrow - mon the 'vers, opportunity to make a statement that we are still in it, or shrink away content with a few pats on the head for a good season (which it has undoubtedly been irrespective of outcome).

Get. Fucking. Intae. Thum.

Not me who is expecting to beat Partick and Dumfermline away from home now is it? The only way I would expect that is if we had far superior players like Messi etc.

No idea what game you were at but the one I was at Queens created 1 and scored Raith created 0 and didn't score.

I wouldn't really know about playing the likes of Dumbarton in recent years, seeing as the last time Raith finished abov the Super South was the year we won the second division title and you came dead last in the first.

Raith Rovers FC - Massive Club.

Or had a bunch of players who have only lost 2 away games all season.

Edited by Scary Bear

Things to gleam from the last few pages - some of our fans are getting over-excited, to have an expectation of avoiding defeat in this league you must have Lionel Messi, and most of us, mercifully, recognise how much we're over-achieving and the effort everyone has put into this season.

But, what's the point in putting in all the hard work if we're going to shit ourselves at the crunch? If we play like we did against Falkirk for our next six games we'll win the league, no doubt about it. That's the challenge right there. Even though we lost Saturday has given me a bit of belief. We can do this.

Let's get stuck in about those fannies tomorrow and show who the real best team in the league is. Get intae them, and mon the Rovers!

Things to gleam from the last few pages - some of our fans are getting over-excited, to have an expectation of avoiding defeat in this league you must have Lionel Messi, and most of us, mercifully, recognise how much we're over-achieving and the effort everyone has put into this season.

But, what's the point in putting in all the hard work if we're going to shit ourselves at the crunch? If we play like we did against Falkirk for our next six games we'll win the league, no doubt about it. That's the challenge right there. Even though we lost Saturday has given me a bit of belief. We can do this.

Let's get stuck in about those fannies tomorrow and show who the real best team in the league is. Get intae them, and mon the Rovers!

Scottish Football managers have a lot to answer for, especially ultra boring ones like Craig Broon and Walter Smith. We are fans. We are allowed to get over-excited and have expectations, based on league position. Rovers have been top of the league for ages, that's not an accident. We just need to keep it together and hopefully it'll all work out as it should. C'mon the Rovers.