The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's amazing how, with a win, Rovers' fans are back to being at their best, supporting the team to the hilt.

The vast majority of the supporters on here belong in the hardcore.

We bitch and moan like every other team's supporters when things are going bad and enjoy the good times with equal vigour when things are going good.

Nothing to see here Muggles. :P

Just discussing the good old days of Dalziel. Keep saying I feel like I'm about to wake up, go to a game with a teamsheet reading a back four of Hilland, McLeod, Lumsden, Lyle. Crilly and Ferguson, Laurie Ellis on the left wing (:unsure: ) and Eddie Annand up front.

By f**k, I'm loving this joyride we're on at the moment. Long may it continue,

Saying that Ferguson and Crilly wasnt too bad, felt for Laurie trying to play left wing tho still wake up in cold sweats about it. Willie Lyle dear god, he must of really hated the folk in the main stand every time he kicked the ball it bloody ended up there

Just shows how far we have come with the better quality of player we can attract, think we also had Scott Crabbe playing for us at the same time as Annand up front, wasnt that when O'Reilly started playing too?

Saying that Ferguson and Crilly wasnt too bad, felt for Laurie trying to play left wing tho still wake up in cold sweats about it. Willie Lyle dear god, he must of really hated the folk in the main stand every time he kicked the ball it bloody ended up there

Just shows how far we have come with the better quality of player we can attract, think we also had Scott Crabbe playing for us at the same time as Annand up front, wasnt that when O'Reilly started playing too?

Here now, Ferguson was fucking honking and a cripple at that. If he made more than ten appearances that season I'll be stunned.

Crilly was a good player though. Was a wee bit annoyed when he pissed off.

Here now, Ferguson was fucking honking and a cripple at that. If he made more than ten appearances that season I'll be stunned.

Crilly was a good player though. Was a wee bit annoyed when he pissed off.

Always remember us struggling when Ferguson didnt play tho, considering his legs had gone and the was what 37/38 at the time and Crabbe wasnt far off that either. Bad times

blast from the best here :lol:

http://www.raithrove...i?id=638&type=6

Emilio Jaconelli was one of the most pointless signings ever! He never got a start upfront despite our strikers struggling to score all season and when he did get a game he started in midfield! :huh:

I'm aff work the now sick - not induced by over celebrating on Saturday - and a wee squint at that had me reaching for more drugs.

Emilio Jaconelli? Brian Fairburn? It's probably just as well I don't own a gun.:lol:

You must admit that on the day Morton did have a good goalie, tho'!!wink.gif

Emilio Jaconelli was one of the most pointless signings ever! He never got a start upfront despite our strikers struggling to score all season and when he did get a game he started in midfield! :huh:

:lol: I remember him being a decent forward in LMA manager (or something) for Queen of the South. Was gutted when in reality he was shite like most our team.

I'm aff work the now sick - not induced by over celebrating on Saturday - and a wee squint at that had me reaching for more drugs.

Emilio Jaconelli? Brian Fairburn? It's probably just as well I don't own a gun.:lol:

Just bizzare seeing McGurn in goals too for Morton and their big money signing Templeman :lol: tho the git did have a bad habbit of scoring against us

:lol: I remember him being a decent forward in LMA manager (or something) for Queen of the South. Was gutted when in reality he was shite like most our team.

Just checked up on him and he was playing for Irvine Meadow alongside Paul Hilland. :lol:

What a useless fucker he was! <_<

Found this great wee quote on the mathc report for Raith 5 Stirling Albion 2:

"This result leaves Raith four point behind Gretna but just one behind second places Morton. Attacking wise, Fairbairn and McManus were excellent all afternoon and showed that they have the potential to forge a great partnership. They were ably supported by Crilly and Jablonski and while the defence was not as solid as it has been, the five goals more than made up for that."

:lol::lol::lol:

"This result leaves Raith four point behind Gretna but just one behind second places Morton. Attacking wise, Fairbairn and McManus were excellent all afternoon and showed that they have the potential to forge a great partnership. They were ably supported by Crilly and Jablonski and while the defence was not as solid as it has been, the five goals more than made up for that."

The back five for that game was...

Brown

Lyle

Lumsden

McLeod

Hilland

:lol:

buggar i remember that game, sure Jabba setup up at least a couple of the goals and we met a few of the players in Bar itza that night as well