The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ross County 0-1 Dunfermline : Hardie (90+4)

There's the proof Dunfermline won't continue to f**k up and allow our own shortcomings to stumble across the line.

That's an awful result for us, and I can only hope it gives us the kick up the arse we've been needing of late. We really need to start getting wins back on the board, and get this back into our own hands.

Yep, 3 wins from 3 aint gonna be easy but I believe we can do it.

I actually started to wonder if the players had been told that we couldn't really afford to go up and to ease up a bit (I hated thinking that but given some of the recent displays from players who are usually solid) but then we sign McBride as emergency cover for an injured Simmons, then anybody who was at the Falkirk Stadium on Sat could see what Bairdys goal meant to the team, and my faith was restored, I BELIEVE AGAIN,

If Cowden can do us a favour next week then 4 wins in a row could win us this league.

I agree, and like I said I hated even thinking it, it was just watching the performance against Partick especially, and McGlynns comments about punching above our weight etc, anyway, those thoughts are now banished and looking forward to Saturday nowwink.gif

To be honest, I think it was just nerves starting to show. Some of the responsibility shirking in previous weeks probably says a lot about that. I don't mean that we were deliberately playing crap or anything, merely that players seemed to lack confidence a bit, and would pass the buck to someone else, rather than fear making a mistake that costs us. A lot of the hoofing can possibly be put back to that - we've done a fair bit of it during the season, but not as much as some of our recent matches.

The Falkirk match was enough to show the players want it, and we were bloody unfortunate in that match. I just hope it hasn't downheartened us too much.

Seriously? The team had been told not to try? Where do people get this shit from? It's like the people who said Davo didn't celebrate a goal...Jim Foy then posted a picture of him with his teammates celebrating. You do wonder some times.

Regardless, once again wish to say how proud I am of the team. We've done better than all expectations, glory or failure they still deserve all the plaudits that they can get. All we need to do now is get right behind the team and show them our appreciation. Hopefully we can get a good, consistent atmosphere going for our final few games.

I think had we fallen away earlier in the season as most people predicted it wouldnt be such an issue but if it does end up with us losing it on the last few games of the season it will be a very sore one to take especially when its our performances lately that have let us down when we had that gap

regardless proud of the team

I think as someone else has said that this is our Ayr moment. Most folk seem to be assuming the Pars are either in the driving seat or will now just power on to win the league.

But our next three games are winnable. It will need a tremendous effort to win them but it can be done. The performance at Falkirk showed we have the skill, ability and passion.

And if, big if, but if we win those three games then we'll travel to East End at the very least a point ahead. A draw or a win there will see us going into the last TWO games top of the league. And that's assuming Dunfermline pick up maximum points.

I'm bizarrely feeling more relaxed about being in second place than I did when top. Win against Dundee, Cowden and Stirling and we can win this league.

I think as someone else has said that this is our Ayr moment. Most folk seem to be assuming the Pars are either in the driving seat or will now just power on to win the league.

But our next three games are winnable. It will need a tremendous effort to win them but it can be done. The performance at Falkirk showed we have the skill, ability and passion.

And if, big if, but if we win those three games then we'll travel to East End at the very least a point ahead. A draw or a win there will see us going into the last TWO games top of the league. And that's assuming Dunfermline pick up maximum points.

I'm bizarrely feeling more relaxed about being in second place than I did when top. Win against Dundee, Cowden and Stirling and we can win this league.

This is my thinking too. We must be expected to win these three games. Let Dunfermline think theyre favourites - theyre not.

I don't think anyone is expecting anyone to win any number of games now,

This league has shown us that everyone is capable of beating anyone now even more

So that points on the board are more precious!

I like many others, feel more confident being 2nd with a game in hand going into

The run in, we just need to all show our support, home and away! These bunch of guys

Were brought in to consolidate raih as a first division club again! And look at what

They've achieved! I for one I'm so proud o be a rover again after so much crap in the

Past few years, I have faith and speaking with a few players they are starting to relax

More,the nerves are still there but last week at falkirk proved that the last couple of

Months have been nothing more than nervous jitters.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd would be gutting but would be still a proud moment for all involved

With he rovers family!

to saturday and to the fans who keep staying away, turn up on saturday please, now is when the

Team need to see and hear you! The 12th man again! Fortress starks is back!

Oh and...

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wins against Dundee on Saturday will give us the confidence we need. After that we've only Cowdenbeath and QOS to contend with at home. WE should never have lost to QOS last time at Stark's. We wouldnt really expect to lose the away games even at EEP or Firhill, never mind at Stirling.