The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's an auld soak who sits near the front left of the South Stand who'll be delighted Anderson is away. His fizzog turned beetroot in apoplectic rage every time he came on last season. Some boy.

Anyway, as much as I'd have liked him to stick around, I reckon his game time would have been limited again, although it remains to be seen if our squad is as strong next season, as it was at the tail end of last. He maybe wouldn't have been a bad option to have.

He was unbelievably frustrating though. He really looks like he has everything you need to be a success at this level, but as everyone has pointed out, his crossing is just hilariously abysmal. Time and time again he'd get in a great position, only to lash it into the stand, generating a soundtrack of anguish and anger in the process.

That backward-headed goal at Easter Road where his neck appeared to have Reed Richards type qualities though. Wonderful.

All the best to him.

He was also excellent at passing the ball straight to the keeper, usually after a great burst forward that had you off your seat in anticipation.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for him and Rovers.

Edited by Scary Bear

Good luck to whoever gets him, has pace, but cant cross, or rather he can but usually hits the first man or  goes out the park altogether, fantastic ability to run in a straight line and into the opponent usually losing possession as well.

Nope, a Daily Record gossip column suggested we were interested along with 3 other clubs or something but that's it.

Us, Stranraer, Alloa, Livi and Morton have apparently all had/are having a look at Smith. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as one of our trialists Stevie spoke about on the os.

Anderson had posted, on Twitter, something to the effect of being disappointed at how his time at the club ended (I think Beachbum quoted it on here a couple of pages back). Is this what was being referred to?

Unless he's publicly said / posted any more than the original comment, it could have a couple of different meanings.... e.g. I'm disappointed my time ended, at the club, with me being released - as opposed to a move to a bigger club / up a league or I'm disappointed my time ended, at the club, with me being left hanging for a bit - especially after not featuring much in the past season. It could be intended or taken either way really depending on context and interpretation. I quite liked him, but he could be a bit hit or miss.

Because I never get to be #ITK and, as it turns out, it's quite the feeling of power.

In all seriousness, it's nothing that's actually too groundbreaking, but I can't betray a confidence at this stage.

There's a reason they call it silly season.

Is my guess correct? You can reveal that surely?