The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hi my Raith chums, was informed this evening that Kevin Thomson is expected to sign with you guys on a part time contract allowing him to concentrate on coaching on a day to day basis.  I'm not sure of the ins and outs right now but I will report back when more is known.

Good luck next year too and look after LV.

Hi my Raith chums, was informed this evening that Kevin Thomson is expected to sign with you guys on a part time contract allowing him to concentrate on coaching on a day to day basis. I'm not sure of the ins and outs right now but I will report back when more is known.

Good luck next year too and look after LV.

You're normally quite good, Bambino, at giving us good news so we'll let you off this time.

Don't make a habit of this 'bad news' malarkey though! It doesn't suit you.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

McKeown definitely away to find a club down south and McGurn being moved on according to Locke in the Courier.

Laidlaw still in talks with the club and two new strikers being targeted.

Nothing about Connolly?

From FFP. Locke hoping to add one possibly two players before training starts on Monday. No names but Press understands he's interested in McHattie, Templeton still injured and Locke not prepared to sign him if he's not fit however if fully fit and available he wouldn't turn him away. Moore only been offered training facilities and club not in a position to sign him.

Davo?

Oh yeah right enough. Must have slipped my mind seeing as he left then rejoined.

Gutted about McGurn but I'd rather he was playing somewhere every week than just lingering about Starks Park. He's far too good to not be playing.

Edited by kev23

I know Rovers aren't actually signing Thomson so what was the "bad news"?

I'm assuming it was talk of McGurn leaving. Makes sense for him to move on. He's far to good to just be sitting about not getting a game. 

Oh aye meant to say, the club are still talking with Laidlaw. If he resigns that's probably our keeper situation sorted in Locke's eyes. So Thomson and McHattie the two signings Locke is on about maybe? Meh, I'm pretty underwhelmed for the season ahead at the moment. Really don't think our squad is looking anything exciting thus far, that combined with Locke's pishy management record* could mean for a long season ahead.

*yes I know he might not be as bad in this league but the point still stands.

Oh aye meant to say, the club are still talking with Laidlaw. If he resigns that's probably our keeper situation sorted in Locke's eyes. So Thomson and McHattie the two signings Locke is on about maybe? Meh, I'm pretty underwhelmed for the season ahead at the moment. Really don't think our squad is looking anything exciting thus far, that combined with Locke's pishy management record* could mean for a long season ahead.

I don't think the Thomson thing is going to happen (the paedo one or otherwise).

We will need another two strikers and at least one more wide player, the squad is nowhere near complete.

Edited by renton

Part time obviously going against McGurn. Understand the reasons he'd move on, but absolutely gutted nonetheless. A legend.

Templeton is probably as close as we'd get to a marquee signing, so it's one that we have to make sure we get right. I'm not convinced he's worth the risk so I'm glad chances aren't being taken. Kevin Thomson I would definitely leave alone though.

Really don't see the point in keeping Laidlaw. He's had many chances and even as a number two can't be relied upon because he always seems to get injured.

Any updates on that postponed signing?

Edited by Michael W

Its going to be a similar season to Murrays first in charge I think.  I dont think we are in danger of relegation, but the league is now too strong for us to get top 4 also I think.  Hibs, Falkirk, St Mirren and Dundee Utd will be comfortable top 4 I believe. 

I really don't get the club's stance on part timers we are skint have no fans and need to make the money go further. What's the harm in having a part time goalie who has proved himself time and again for nearly 10 years.