The New Raith Rovers Thread

The the BBC radio pundits summed it up well. Thompson is a bit out his depth and still learning should maybe be at league 1 club as this is a step to much for him just now as games are going by him and Callaghan looks to have a real dip in form so this is not helping. Mathews should be given a chance in the middle and maybe with davo see if that helps. Stevenson looked actually good in the 1st 10 min was the best player on the pitch. Lock is not helping him self by doing crazy stuff like offering a new deal to a striker who can't get in the team even when we are not scoring ! If we don't win one of our next 2 games I can see us finishing 9th

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Still, at least we've got the Hearts love in to look forward to. f**k our board for their pathetic decision to employ this c**t.

The whole connection to Hearts at the club is cringe-inducing as f**k. If you want a sign of how our operation is run internally, the fact they've set up our hospitality to have a Q&A with Skacel and Locke after the game. They're putting as much of an effort into attracting Jambos for a day out as they are to promoting the club on a regular basis. Their whole basis appears to be reduce the prices for average league games, before going to the press and asking why folk aren't showing up in droves. They've done excellent work with stuff like the Roary Club, but there's very little for folk who might have a passing interest. That and our social media outlook is very basic too. 

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were warned in the summer

It was a split between "what the f**k are the board doing?" and "Give him a chance, lower level, chance to manage a club who aren't in crisis etc". People were well aware it could all go tits up. 

I reckon Baird's on his way back to us in the summer. He already knows it as well.

He doesn't normally applaud the Rovers fans when he gets subbed but he spent more time applauding us when he went off than he did applauding Falkirk fans.

He usually does applaud the fans to be fair to him.

I'm sorry to hear of Ryan Stevenson's injury and wish him a speedy recovery. It sounded like a nasty one.

However, on our way back from the Morton v Dumbarton match at Cappielow, on Radio Scotland, it sounded like both the pundit and Gary Locke were almost blaming Raith's defeat on Stevenson's exit (somewhere around the 20 minute mark?)

Whilst I think Stevenson had an unjustified bad press amongst Sons fans, in his last four games for us, his earliest appearance as a sub was 74 minutes v Hibs at Easter Rd, when we were already 2-0 down. In the other games it was all after the 80th minute. To be fair, against Ayr he made an impact by scoring the equaliser. Also, in his last full game for Sons he scored the winner against QoS on 3rd December.

If losing Ryan Stevenson is used in any way as an excuse for a turning point in a game then I'd suggest that smacks of desperation.

I'm sorry to hear of Ryan Stevenson's injury and wish him a speedy recovery. It sounded like a nasty one.
However, on our way back from the Morton v Dumbarton match at Cappielow, on Radio Scotland, it sounded like both the pundit and Gary Locke were almost blaming Raith's defeat on Stevenson's exit (somewhere around the 20 minute mark?)
Whilst I think Stevenson had an unjustified bad press amongst Sons fans, in his last four games for us, his earliest appearance as a sub was 74 minutes v Hibs at Easter Rd, when we were already 2-0 down. In the other games it was all after the 80th minute. To be fair, against Ayr he made an impact by scoring the equaliser. Also, in his last full game for Sons he scored the winner against QoS on 3rd December.
If losing Ryan Stevenson is used in any way as an excuse for a turning point in a game then I'd suggest that smacks of desperation.

He started the game brilliantly. He set up the goal. He then went off injured, McManus came on and 30 seconds later we were 2-1 down. There was no way back.

I'm not saying, the loss was down to him going off injured as Cuthbert had a massive part to play in the loss as well.

However, we did seem to lose all composure as soon as he went off. We seemed to miss him big time. After seeing him in a Raith shirt for a grand total of 40 minutes :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He started the game brilliantly. He set up the goal. He then went off injured, McManus came on and 30 seconds later we were 2-1 down. There was no way back.

I'm not saying, the loss was down to him going off injured as Cuthbert had a massive part to play in the loss as well.

However, we did seem to lose all composure as soon as he went off. We seemed to miss him big time. After seeing him in a Raith shirt for a grand total of 40 minutes :lol:

On 17th December 2016, we beat Falkirk 2-1 at home.

Ryan Stevenson came on as we tried to waste time in the 86th minute.......

It means we beat Falkirk at home without any assistance from Ryan Stevenson. The absence of whom your manager used as an excuse for a 4-1 defeat.

Did you read what I said about the game today? What Gary Lockes excuse about today was does not interest me in the slightest. I can form my own opinion without listening to that fud. Whether Stevo didn't have an impact on a game 4 weeks ago, does not matter on how he performs now..?

7 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Robbie Crawford has joined East Kilbride.

That's some drop, I always thought he was a decent player. In fact with us losing Joe Thomson I wouldn't have been disappointed to see him in a Sons' shirt. Is he from that way?