The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, smpar said:

I think several Raith fans have appeared on every one of our match threads this season.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Just wee team and debt remarks  in every thread now. Boring. 

I take it there is a few raith fans regularly on the Dunfermline thread as well?  Are they as desperate as the townies in here?

If you don't particularly like fans of other clubs posting on your topic I'd suggest a multi club forum isn't for you.

If Dunfermline were to come out and say we've went over our budget you'd have about ten Rovers fans all over it, it'd be another day for that wee teamer never to forget.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you don't particularly like fans of other clubs posting on your topic I'd suggest a multi club forum isn't for you.

If Dunfermline were to come out and say we've went over our budget you'd have about ten Rovers fans all over it, it'd be another day for that wee teamer never to forget.

It's not really for me, that is correct. But I still like coming on and seeing what people are saying about the match every so often, but to go on other teams match threads just doesn't interest me at all. Don't mind the folk that do with a healthy interest in what's happening with other teams apart from their own but regular wind ups seem all a bit needy to me. 

Just for the record had a wee peak at fantalk about 6 months ago for the first time in years and that is as honking as I remembered.  

As you were boys. 

Anyhoo, moving swiftly on. Baird is an interesting one, I wouldn't be overly against him returning but as previously mentioned it would be at the cost of losing one or two players on the wage bill at the moment. Never know, the Stewart to QOS rumour might be true.

Anyhoo, moving swiftly on. Baird is an interesting one, I wouldn't be overly against him returning but as previously mentioned it would be at the cost of losing one or two players on the wage bill at the moment. Never know, the Stewart to QOS rumour might be true.

It won't be true. If Roberts and Thompson's loans aren't extended. And Osei and Matthews end up going out on loan which was mentioned last week along with Vaughan. That should be more than enough to pay Baird's wages. I can't see Baird leaving Falkirk in January though. I can however see a return for him in the summer.

Think you will find we arent spending money we don't have, we have certainly spent our planned squad budget but then we have a televised cup game approx £80000 also it's live on the radio which we recieve a few thousand for, roughly 5000 crowd + hospitality   So I'm sure we might be able to cover for these additional signings,  Rovers like most wee teams only budget on league games so anything out of cup ties is a bonus, hopefully that will put Fifes biggest teams fans at ease, sorry forgot to add approx £300 K from last seasons play offs aswell.

Didn't realise Raith had started that themselves. I saw the DAFC one on Twitter earlier, looks to be a brilliant idea. Really good to see us doing so many decent PR/social media things recently.

Didn't realise Raith had started that themselves. I saw the DAFC one on Twitter earlier, looks to be a brilliant idea. Really good to see us doing so many decent PR/social media things recently.

This is our second season doing it I'm sure.

Some of the song choices in the past have been downright embarrassing for a football match though :lol:

Think you will find we arent spending money we don't have, we have certainly spent our planned squad budget but then we have a televised cup game approx £80000 also it's live on the radio which we recieve a few thousand for, roughly 5000 crowd + hospitality   So I'm sure we might be able to cover for these additional signings,  Rovers like most wee teams only budget on league games so anything out of cup ties is a bonus, hopefully that will put Fifes biggest teams fans at ease, sorry forgot to add approx £300 K from last seasons play offs aswell.

Haven't heard of radio cash, pretty sure that's in the general prize pot.

You would be lucky to get 10% of that from the play-off game!

Rovers maybe due a bit extra from the hearts game. However given you recently had to ask for assistance due to having a gap between home games at a time of year you would expect to still have some season ticket funds left, perhaps building a cash pot maybe more beneficial than boosting the retirement fund of another ex hearts has been.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Rovers maybe due a bit extra from the hearts game. However given you recently had to ask for assistance due to having a gap between home games at a time of year you would expect to still have some season ticket funds left, perhaps building a cash pot maybe more beneficial than boosting the retirement fund of another ex hearts has been.

th?&id=OIP.M052a7646a63eeb9443ed81b5e823d433o0&w=300&h=168&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Might be wrong about this, but that was the fans groups voluntarily donating rather than the club asking them.