The New Raith Rovers Thread

Locke won't be in danger, nor should he, unless we are in real relegation danger. The next month will answer that.
Pressures on though.  Our squad is massive and has to start performing.

The squad can only start performing if Locke uses them instead of the same 13 or 14 every game.

15 hours ago, rw89 said:

I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest. It's genuinely nice to see someone take such an interest in the club who isn't one of our own fans. Also, Hill, Moon or Anderson? I'd guess Hill. 

I'm in a similar position. I've no enthusiasm for things taking a turn for the positive upon. It feels like there's been very little attempt to actually engage with the fans. 

Couldn't agree more. Even during McKinnon's poor form, it always felt like there was a plan to improve. In his games where we were behind, we'd always show a bit of fight and effort. This is something completely missing completely missing. Lose against Dumarton, and the question really does need to be considered. If we're in a position which is tricky financial at the moment, going down to league one isn't something which bears thinking about. 

Correct on Dougie.

See big nose and mchattie  sookin the Jambo boaby in the press again today going on about the cup final.  Mchattie saying it's a big game on Sunday but not as big as the cup final which has nothing to do with Sunday's game.

Also, I hear Raith have set up a meet and greet with Skacel and Locke after the game for Hearts fans? Piss poor goings on down the streets of Raith. 

Edited by Bambino7

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

See big nose and mchattie  sookin the Jambo boaby in the press again today going on about the cup final.  Mchattie saying it's a big game on Sunday but not as big as the cup final which has nothing to do with Sunday's game.

Also, I hear Raith have set up a meet and greet with Skacel and Locke after the game for Hearts fans? Piss poor goings on down the streets of Raith. 

In fairness, it's not like any Rovers fans want to see or talk to either of them anyway.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Has it actually sold out yet?

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Last I heard, there was only 8 tickets left but that was a fortnight ago so possibly

Hearts fans must have too much disposable income.

Just now, Bambino7 said:

Why your board would sanction that shit is beyond me.  Get them all to feck.  

Same reason clubs pack their home fans into one stand and give the rest over when Celtic and The Rangers come to town. It's decent marketing in one sense, a nice easy trip to Kirkcaldy, watch your club effortlessly steamroller mein gracious hosts, and then come along and get a chinwag with a genuine club legend and Gary Locke. The fact that it undercuts what little dignity we've scrounged together over the years as a club is neither here, nor there.