The New Raith Rovers Thread

Odds on Vauaghan firing Dumbarton to safety and then having to rejoin us as a League One side? Probably shorter than Drysdale and co having the grapefruits to fire Locke. 

It actually makes me shudder thinking Drysdale is the "Chief Exec" of the club and how utterly inept he is...just slightly less than Locke.

It's all good and well sacking managers, but who would you replace him with? 

Dafc.net had more than a few fans wanting Johnson sacked, but couldn't come up with a suitable replacement. Also folks didn't understand that it costs to sack a manager, money we could ill afford, can you guys afford to replace him? 

Before anyone wheels out the tired old "we can't afford not to sack him" line, remember it could come down to cash being paid right now and another wage for a new manager. 

I think that you should hang onto yer man just now, and see if he can turn it around, Johnson did that with us, no reason why Locke can't with you lot. 

I had written our season off only hoping to survive in this league. I never wanted Johnson sacked, but it was hard to keep that faith when we were losing. Stick with your man right now as I'm more than sure you won't drop out of this league, but you must keep the faith guys, because it'll hit you even harder if you stay away from your home games over this slump. 

The difference is that Johnson has shown semi-competence at QOS and with you last season, something Locke has never managed

Also there is around 30k difference per league placing, when Vaughan fires Dumbarton above us, that's more cash we have lost out on

Drysdale comes out with ridiculous schemes and comments to try and fleece the fans, when the season ticket renewals are down this year he will be out blaming us again.

Tickets for Sunday aren't selling because no one wants to pay £20 to watch a team go 10 without a win, playing shite football lead by a shite 'manager' and chief exec

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That is the worst argument that is continually trotted out for keeping a manager in his job. 

This

Money is the issue regards punting Locke plus Jackson and replacing them however the 80k from TV this weekend should be enough

Feel sorry for Drysdale here. He is a fan and I do believe he does what he can to help the club and is always looking for ways for the club to save money and get money in. He is always approachable and a good guy from what iv seen. It was not him by himself who appointed Locke and yes it was a gamble but it's still a bit early to say it's doom and gloom yet. All managers ask to be supported by the bored and our board has done that to give him the best chance but it's currently not working. We would not be having this convo I feel about Erik if Vaughan did not go to Dumbarton we would just be Moaning about results. But on Vaughan if we are all honest with our selfs he was awful his last few games and makes me think he has maybe been unprofessional with regards the manager and the club. He needs games to try get back to the level he showed he could play before his injury so a loan was the right move. But not many clubs would be able to pay his wage is league 1. So can see why the board agreed this as Gary prob said he is not committed and agreed to this to help the player get better and let us bring in a player who wants to help us now ! But Vaughan was awful for us in his last few games if I remember he got booed after his free kick v hibs.

3 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

Feel sorry for Drysdale here. He is a fan and I do believe he does what he can to help the club and is always looking for ways for the club to save money and get money in. He is always approachable and a good guy from what iv seen. It was not him by himself who appointed Locke and yes it was a gamble but it's still a bit early to say it's doom and gloom yet. All managers ask to be supported by the bored and our board has done that to give him the best chance but it's currently not working. We would not be having this convo I feel about Erik if Vaughan did not go to Dumbarton we would just be Moaning about results. But on Vaughan if we are all honest with our selfs he was awful his last few games and makes me think he has maybe been unprofessional with regards the manager and the club. He needs games to try get back to the level he showed he could play before his injury so a loan was the right move. But not many clubs would be able to pay his wage is league 1. So can see why the board agreed this as Gary prob said he is not committed and agreed to this to help the player get better and let us bring in a player who wants to help us now ! But Vaughan was awful for us in his last few games if I remember he got booed after his free kick v hibs.

Vaughan was a great player for us who suffered a bad injury. When he returned to the team he took a while to get going but we were playing winning football and he was surely integral to this. His last start was 10th September. Since this date we have played 15 games - won 3, Drawn 5 and lost 7. Granted he has played in a lot of games as a substitute, but it may just have taken time for him to get back to match sharpness and full fitness following his injury. I don't think we can question his professionalism but I do think we should be questioning Locke and his judgement. 

You feel sorry for a man that is blaming the fans for everything that's going wrong at the minute?

I travelled down to Dumfries earlier on in the season for the 3-1 Dobbie Show.

I travelled to Greenock for that pathetic showing again on Saturday there.

Haven't missed a home game all season and have only missed Morton away and Ross County away all season, so for Drysdale to come out and blame the fans was bang out of order and you feel sorry for him?

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

Money is the issue regards punting Locke plus Jackson and replacing them however the 80k from TV this weekend should be enough

It'll likely help plug the overspend given the size of our squad. 

54 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

I accept Drysdale acts in good faith where the club is concerned and have no reason at all to doubt his intentions. 

However, blaming the fans - and this isn't the first time either - is snide, unhelpful and wrong. In case anyone has doubts, the last few pages of this thread are a lesson in how productive that is. 

Edited by Michael W