The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the manager front, Jimmy Calderwood must be due a break. Poor man has obviously been black listed, or possibly orange listed.

Maybe Falkirk will sack Houston some time soon and we can get him in. What other old heads/dinosaurs are kicking about?

Yes, yes I know Gary is still here and we even have a song for him, but a bit of forward planning isn't a bad thing. Football managers don't last long these days.

Incidentally, which Scottish Championship manager has been in post the longest? I assume it's Houston seen as some of the others have been in post for about half a season.

Who is the longest serving manager in Scotland?

On the manager front, Jimmy Calderwood must be due a break. Poor man has obviously been black listed, or possibly orange listed.
Maybe Falkirk will sack Houston some time soon and we can get him in. What other old heads/dinosaurs are kicking about?
Yes, yes I know Gary is still here and we even have a song for him, but a bit of forward planning isn't a bad thing. Football managers don't last long these days.
Incidentally, which Scottish Championship manager has been in post the longest? I assume it's Houston seen as some of the others have been in post for about half a season.
Who is the longest serving manager in Scotland?

It's Jim Duffy for the championship, he was in at morton a few weeks before Houston at Falkirk in 2014. Gary Jardine at Edinburgh city is the longest serving manager in Scotland, he's been there since 2010.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The revelations that he hounded Ryan O'Leary for having the gall to suffer from depression - to the extent that O'Leary quit football entirely after suffering the misfortune of being managed by Calderwood at two different clubs - have surely finished him as a manager.

The revelations that he hounded Ryan O'Leary for having the gall to suffer from depression - to the extent that O'Leary quit football entirely after suffering the misfortune of being managed by Calderwood at two different clubs - have surely finished him as a manager.

Dundee employed John Brown as manager. Even if you are a poor human being you can still be gainfully employed as a football manager.

It's Jim Duffy for the championship, he was in at morton a few weeks before Houston at Falkirk in 2014. Gary Jardine at Edinburgh city is the longest serving manager in Scotland, he's been there since 2010.

Who is the longest serving in each division? I'm assuming it's McInnes for the Scottish Premiership. Duffy for the Scottish Championship. Jardine for League 2. What about League 1? McInally at Peterhead?

52 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Who is the longest serving in each division? I'm assuming it's McInnes for the Scottish Premiership. Duffy for the Scottish Championship. Jardine for League 2. What about League 1? McInally at Peterhead?

If only we had a section of P&B dedicated to that sort of thing. ;)

Infowire Updated Thread

Alan Archibald is the longest serving manager, Jan 13 for the premier league

22 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Alan Archibald is the longest serving manager, Jan 13 for the premier league

He's the longest serving manager at a club currently in the Premier League. McInnes however has managed consecutively in the Premier League for longer. Archibald's first 6 months were still in the division below. Depends how you want to define it I guess.

Likewise on that basis, Gary Jardine is longest serving current League Two manager but his team are in their first season in it. Jim Chapman has been in it with Annan for 4 years now.