The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Tbh I'd imagine the Raith fans are far more concerned with having a winning team rather than where they come from.

Correct, I didn't word my post correctly, developing players to be sold on is imperative in the boards view for the future and they look after their youth impeccably. Always better too to see a young guy, loyal to the club come through than a couple of loanees playing under terms of contract and washed up shite. 

30 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I wouldn't know what atmosphere to expect on Saturday. The game being on TV and being 1pm on a Sunday makes me think that it might be a bit quieter in our end. Some people might see it as a glamour tie, but there might be just as many who don't have an interest. 

In general, atmosphere is always going to be a problem for us. We've got a ridiculous stadium, which is hindered in that it's too large for us, and doesn't carry a good atmosphere which is full to the brim. Even then, the home supports haven't been as supportive as back when we won promotion and the first year or two under McGlynn. It's almost like groundhog day every season, with only McKinnon breaking the cycle. 

It's brilliant that for a team which isn't your own, you actually add a lot to conversations on here about Rovers! 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but one of my best friends scored one of the goals that put us out the Scottish Cup a few years back (laidlaw was amazing) another has been treated brilliantly by the club, I really like Raith and I'm angry At how it's going. 

To be fair I'm not convinced most of us, put in Drysdale's shoes and given the option, would actually punt Locke right now. That's purely a financial decision though, for me at least, not based on what he's shown so far - which is very little. I'd see how the next three or four league games go, if he doesn't win any I doubt any manager could complain at getting punted after failing to win in thirteen or fourteen matches.

Last season we hit a slump but did have pretty bad injury problems, and also knew Daly and Wighton, two major reasons for our poor form, would be off in January. There was optimism for who would replace them, along with the return of Scott Robertson, Jason Thomson and Craig Barr (sound familiar?) but also Toshney, Anderson and Stewart who had missed spells. Furthermore our horror run (seven points from ten matches) was interspersed with a win at Morton and a Cup win at Elgin, and defeats came only to Falkirk, Hibs away, Alloa and Rangers. Three good teams plus a robbery from Alloa, at a stage where we had no strikers (Longridge and Megginson played up front). No back to back pathetic home performances like Pars/Falkirk.

This season we've actually regressed in the window. We've swapped one of the league's most exciting prospects for the manager's pal deemed not good enough at Dumbarton. McManus and Skacel, this season's Daly/Wighton, will remain. We've bizarrely signed Scott Roberts permanently. Hardie is a good acquisition but needs to be given chances to score, something we just aren't doing at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't work.

So yeah, the form is similar to last season. The circumstances aren't - helpfully the CEO has had a pop at the support and handed a young prospect over to Rangers for f**k all into the bargain.

We could come good, six points to Falkirk isn't unobtainable, but nor is the five to Ayr and at a time where we've two points from six matches, or five from nine if you prefer, it's definitely Ayr who concern me more.

Whilst a few of the frothy mouthed outbursts at Drysdale are a bit OTT, some of our more balanced fans have hit the nail on the head.

I've missed more games this season than I ever had. Last year, I moved things around to ensure I could get to games. This year, I'm not making that effort. Simply put the football has been dreadful. I'm pretty sure I've seen more games than shots [emoji15][emoji15]

Despite me knowing that they are only trying to capitalise on a thing, I've grown really tired of the Skacel thing. It's second only to Rangers in the cringe stakes. I'd rather we were just a bit more skint.

This is the most distant I've felt from the rovers in a long time.

43 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but one of my best friends scored one of the goals that put us out the Scottish Cup a few years back (laidlaw was amazing) another has been treated brilliantly by the club, I really like Raith and I'm angry At how it's going. 

I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest. It's genuinely nice to see someone take such an interest in the club who isn't one of our own fans. Also, Hill, Moon or Anderson? I'd guess Hill. 

15 minutes ago, mojito said:

I've missed more games this season than I ever had. Last year, I moved things around to ensure I could get to games. This year, I'm not making that effort. Simply put the football has been dreadful. I'm pretty sure I've seen more games than shots emoji15.pngemoji15.png

This is the most distant I've felt from the rovers in a long time.

I'm in a similar position. I've no enthusiasm for things taking a turn for the positive upon. It feels like there's been very little attempt to actually engage with the fans. 

42 minutes ago, Paco said:

To be fair I'm not convinced most of us, put in Drysdale's shoes and given the option, would actually punt Locke right now. That's purely a financial decision though, for me at least, not based on what he's shown so far - which is very little. I'd see how the next three or four league games go, if he doesn't win any I doubt any manager could complain at getting punted after failing to win in thirteen or fourteen matches.

Last season we hit a slump but did have pretty bad injury problems, and also knew Daly and Wighton, two major reasons for our poor form, would be off in January. There was optimism for who would replace them, along with the return of Scott Robertson, Jason Thomson and Craig Barr (sound familiar?) but also Toshney, Anderson and Stewart who had missed spells. Furthermore our horror run (seven points from ten matches) was interspersed with a win at Morton and a Cup win at Elgin, and defeats came only to Falkirk, Hibs away, Alloa and Rangers. Three good teams plus a robbery from Alloa, at a stage where we had no strikers (Longridge and Megginson played up front). No back to back pathetic home performances like Pars/Falkirk.

This season we've actually regressed in the window. We've swapped one of the league's most exciting prospects for the manager's pal deemed not good enough at Dumbarton. McManus and Skacel, this season's Daly/Wighton, will remain. We've bizarrely signed Scott Roberts permanently. Hardie is a good acquisition but needs to be given chances to score, something we just aren't doing at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't work.

So yeah, the form is similar to last season. The circumstances aren't - helpfully the CEO has had a pop at the support and handed a young prospect over to Rangers for f**k all into the bargain.

We could come good, six points to Falkirk isn't unobtainable, but nor is the five to Ayr and at a time where we've two points from six matches, or five from nine if you prefer, it's definitely Ayr who concern me more.

Couldn't agree more. Even during McKinnon's poor form, it always felt like there was a plan to improve. In his games where we were behind, we'd always show a bit of fight and effort. This is something completely missing completely missing. Lose against Dumarton, and the question really does need to be considered. If we're in a position which is tricky financial at the moment, going down to league one isn't something which bears thinking about. 

Come Sunday afternoon it will be more than 5 months since Rovers scored a goal in front of the South Stand. That's a shocking statistic. My only hope for Sunday is that Callachan and Thompson are finally dropped and that Craig Barr and Ross Matthews are fit enough to play there. I believe the Novar is opening earlier than normal so might just head there but I'm not going to Stark's because of the clowns in charge. Had enough, simple as that.

Season ticket next year? Not a chance.

Great there's another reduced game so more fans can come along to boo Locke, but it makes the season ticket even less value:

Standard season ticket 240
18 home games
2 on Alba so don't go
3 games at Xmas for £40
5 premium home games is 100
6 at 15 = 90
2 at 7.50 = 15
Total is 245

And some folk paid £270!

That stat confirms my thinking...this isn't just a bad run of form as that would suggest we've had a great run of form beforehand which we never. At the start of the season we beat 2 promoted sides and a horrendous St Mirren side who didn't win a match until December and that's it. Does everyone forgot we only had to beat Alloa at home to get through the league cup group stage and we couldn't even manage that!

I do have a solution though...we just need some more forward thinking players.