The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fox could achieve the unique double of relegating two sides in one season.

Locke and Jackson being bulleted is a massive relief. We were absolute certainties for relegation under them. I can't see either of them getting a chance like that again.

We need to get this right though because it is going to take a bit of time to turn this slump around.

Be careful what you wish for.

We're supposing that's Locke finished in football, but Grant Murray who was just as bad got a coaching job at Hibs. Watch Locke get a job at some small club which dumps us out the cup next season. Our rejects tend to come back to haunt us...

3 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

We're supposing that's Locke finished in football, but Grant Murray who was just as bad got a coaching job at Hibs. Watch Locke get a job at some small club which dumps us out the cup next season. Our rejects tend to come back to haunt us...

I would bet on a coaching role at Hearts, unfair to describe them as a small club though.  

26 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I would bet on a coaching role at Hearts, unfair to describe them as a small club though.  

Never thought of that, but he didnt do well there as a manager, as we all know. I was more imagining him managing some club like Edinburgh City or even Spartans or the Shire.

Well that is that then I guess time to look and learn from the mistakes and get it right this time.  I don't know what he did in his interviews that made our board appoint him as his record is poor his reputation worse and his transfer plan seems to be to sign his old pals and former team mates.  Put this one down to experience and make sure we get the right man in.  Any names for a potential shortlist?

Danny Lennon - Think he applied last time obvious links to club and a decent previous record

Yogi Hughes - Great CV up here and knows the league although we might struggle to meet his ambitions was looking down England for a club.  

Craig Easton - Highly rated at youth level with us but a gamble to step up might get caretaker gig for a few games.  

Barry Smith - Lots of experience probably looking to step up to full time football again.  

Stephen Aitken - Believe he was close to the job last time and looking to try full time football, would probably unsettle Dumbarton might be a good thing, although might be happy to end season with them and has a good job outside football.   

Lee McCulloch - Was surprised to hear some mention he is making a name as a coach anyone know if there is any truth to it?

Stephen Pressley - Only if he brings his brown shoes, did well with Falkirk and not got a club.  We also have the horses arse song if it all goes wrong.

Sure we were linked with a highly rated female coach last time anyone remember her name? not against this in principle but might be a bit too risky in our current situation with no experience in the mens game.  

No doubt others I have missed

Edited by San Starko Rover