The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Hughes has a week to get to know the squad. I think the only two players he'll have worked with before are Craig and Bobby Barr.
It makes sense that he is using this week to maximise the time he can spend with the squad before his first game. God knows there is plenty to work on.

From his interview, he certainly knows Bobby Barr and Bobby Barr certainly knows him. Knows Mark Stewart, plenty to say about him. See website

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Talk of Lee McCulloch taking Kilmarnock until the end of the season.  Wouldn't be far fetch for this to happen then Yogi goes there in the summer after hes helped secure us?

If  Lee McCulloch takes over they will likely be in the same league as us next season

For Saturday v Hibs
Perm any two from four - Stewart - McManus - Hardie - Stevenson ?
Or maybe there will only be one ?
Says he picked the team on Tuesday, then said a couple of positions were 50/50
No Davo and no Cuthbert, two blows. Not sure about CB ?

Not sure about CB when we still have 3 fully fit CB's? M'Voto, Bene and Mango. Hughes has also said, he may end up throwing a youngster in the starting line-up at the weekend as well. I can see Coustrain coming in at the weekend.

3 at the back with Barr on one side and thomson on the other, Matthews, Callahan and Thomson in midfield with Stewart and Hardie up top is probably what I'd go for given I can't think of any logical left back. Who's the development squad left back? Any chance syme has played there? 

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

3 at the back with Barr on one side and thomson on the other, Matthews, Callahan and Thomson in midfield with Stewart and Hardie up top is probably what I'd go for given I can't think of any logical left back. Who's the development squad left back? Any chance syme has played there? 

Euan Valantine plays LB, Syme has been playing CB but could possibly slot in.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Euan Valantine plays LB, Syme has been playing CB but could possibly slot in.

Does Valentine look ready for a step up yet? Into the squad at least. 

Possibly see Thomson go left back and one of the centre halfs move to right back. 

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Does Valentine look ready for a step up yet? Into the squad at least. 

Possibly see Thomson go left back and one of the centre halfs move to right back. 

He looks decent against his age group but I don't think he's ready just yet.