The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Did coustrain not say he could play left back? I think he said it when he drew the 50-50 one game at the start of the season.

Joel has played LB but that position is better utilised in your own half of the pitch:lol:

He spent more time up the park leaving midfield to fall back.

8 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I'm not keen on Brennan at all, has the unhappy knack of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In other words, his positioning is fkin awful. How long is the cat out for?

The season I think...

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Does Valentine look ready for a step up yet? Into the squad at least. 

Possibly see Thomson go left back and one of the centre halfs move to right back. 

Not sure about captain thomson at all, been pretty poor since coming back from injury. In fact did Locke not drop him for one game, was he is he fit ?.

Hopefully JH will have sat down with him, will JH been getting info from CE - hopefully ?

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Hang on when did we lose our keeper for the season. I take it the boy from Aberdeen is gubbed as well following that bad tackle?

I'd there a budding Brian Potter in the youths waiting for their moment.

All of the development keepers are Trialists, probably FEFA academy players.

He might be groomed into taking over if Hughes does well enough. Obviously had a short stint at Airdrie where he didn't do horrendously as far as I can see. I know he's been wanting to get into management and by all accounts he's been tipped to be a decent one for the future.

Solid appointment that obviously knows Yogi well.

Just watching the video of the Rovers foray into Europe in '95 - Happy Days, Glory Nights. Quality. Highlights of the games with that team from The Faroes, Akranes and, of course, Bayern Munich.

Jock Brown commentating on the Akranes game suggests an erie atmosphere in the ground as due to reduced capacity there's only 5000 odd in. Place is bouncing. f**k knows what he'd make of the current morgue-like atmosphere.

Quinny is famous.

Ground looks great back then with the terracing and the enclosure in front of the Main Stand open. Much better than it is today.

Happier times....7 years since that night in Aberdeen.

What's Gregory Tade up to? Pretty sure he went to Qatar and got released...
He might be groomed into taking over if Hughes does well enough. Obviously had a short stint at Airdrie where he didn't do horrendously as far as I can see. I know he's been wanting to get into management and by all accounts he's been tipped to be a decent one for the future.

Solid appointment that obviously knows Yogi well.

The last tip we got about a decent one for the future was Wighton. If Hughes goes at the end of the season, I'd rather give it to someone with a bit more experience.

3 at the back with Barr on one side and thomson on the other, Matthews, Callahan and Thomson in midfield with Stewart and Hardie up top is probably what I'd go for given I can't think of any logical left back. Who's the development squad left back? Any chance syme has played there? 

Has Hughes intimated that he is going to play with 3 at the back?

He normally plays an expansive 4-4-2 formation.