The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

If he does, what do you guys think will happen in the summer?

I've no doubt the board will be keen to keep him here if he does well and keeps us up. Whether Hughes sees this as 'putting himself in the shop window' or fancies a stab at managing us for a full season remains to be seen. If we go down he'll definitely be away in the summer. 

If he does, what do you guys think will happen in the summer?

There's bound to be a couple of jobs in the premier league that will become available this summer. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go for them if he does keep us up.

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I've no doubt the board will be keen to keep him here if he does well and keeps us up. Whether Hughes sees this as 'putting himself in the shop window' or fancies a stab at managing us for a full season remains to be seen. If we go down he'll definitely be away in the summer. 

If we go down he better be away in the summer...

Where are RRFC going to find the money to offer him a contract for one or two seasons, a rich benefactor ?

Who says we're offering him a contract for next season? Absolutely nobody.

We might not want him for next season..? There's no guarantee that he's going to do well here.

Although it's very encouraging to hear, he's got them doing double training sessions on his first week in the job.

I'm not sure double sessions is the answer, it's not like we were unfit or falling away in the final minutes of games. I'd suggest our problems were due to a lack of confidence/motivation. Simply beasting them on the training field won't solve that.

I agree ref double sessions, our problem is that the players have been poorly coached since L & J took over.

JH has to get that out of them and coach them correctly, not run them into the ground.

Rovers 1992/1993 you and I obviously don't read the same newspaper. Of course we are not offering him a contract for next season, that might happen at the end of this season. Anything is possible ?. If he keeps us up RRFC will want him.

I'm not sure double sessions is the answer, it's not like we were unfit or falling away in the final minutes of games. I'd suggest our problems were due to a lack of confidence/motivation. Simply beasting them on the training field won't solve that.

Double training sessions aren't only to get fitness levels up. Like someone else has mentioned, the problem lies with the fact the players have been coached by Locke and Jackson for the last 8 months. Double training sessions will be in place to drum all the anti-football tactics out of them.

Hughes has a week to get to know the squad. I think the only two players he'll have worked with before are Craig and Bobby Barr.
It makes sense that he is using this week to maximise the time he can spend with the squad before his first game. God knows there is plenty to work on.