The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Buckie is grim. Like Cowdenbeath with the sea

Haha. That is a bang on description of Buckie. Would be good if it was there though. 20 miles along the road for me.

Edited by Duffus Rover

Buckie is grim. Like Cowdenbeath with the sea

Cowdenbeath by the sea. Sounds lovely.

I thought I travelled through it on the way back from Banff. Turns out that was Keith. Either way it's another ground to tick off.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Cowdenbeath by the sea. Sounds lovely.

I thought I travelled through it on the way back from Banff. Turns out that was Keith. Either way it's another ground to tick off.

Were you on a tour of shit North East towns?

7 minutes ago, Fifes finest said:

Vaughan to score the winner v cowden pull of his rovers strip and reveal a Gary Locke kiss my arse T-shirt

He will without a doubt cup his ears when he scores.

Doing a Cummings in front of the jambos style celebration. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don't have much desire to hurl abuse at Locke. He wasn't a bad person or a c**t, just absolutely incompetent.

I don't think he's a bad person either, but would happily shout abuse at him about his failings since they're all someone else's fault in his mind. 

You seem to hold Vaughan in very high regard when he's scored 9 goals in 58 games for you, hardly prolific.

100% agree with that. Would never wish one of our own players to not succeed and hope he does hit the form that everyone on here is expecting, but there's better players in our squad. Based on form of course. Not just potential.

36 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

100% agree with that. Would never wish one of our own players to not succeed and hope he does hit the form that everyone on here is expecting, but there's better players in our squad. Based on form of course. Not just potential.

I still there a parrot in here? 

Being careful not to upset certain Vaughn groupies I can sympathise with Hans' view on Vaughn. His loan was such an unbelievably stupid move on our board's part but, it's a classic case of absence makes the heart grow stronger.

In his time at Dumbarton his reputation and ability in the minds of rovers fans has snowballed somewhat. It reminds me of when Steven Fletcher wasn't getting called up to the the Scotland squad by Levein. Members of the tartan army built him up to be something he wasn't. He doesn't even get in the squad with a manger who doesn't bare a grudge these days.

I think there is going to a lot of pressure on Vaughn to get goals next season, hit the ground running. His record, albeit at a higher level, doesn't indicate he's going to be that 25 goals a season players and, yes, I realise there is more to his game than goals but I think the argument still holds up.

This isn't really me having a go at Vaughn, I rate him highly, but he's got a lot to live up to this coming season.

I still there a parrot in here? 

Oh! Watch out lads! It's Vaughans personal internet security. Scouring the World Wide Web for anyone saying anything bad about his man crush!

Is Lewis not needing his arse wiped or has he given you the night off?

Being careful not to upset certain Vaughn groupies I can sympathise with Hans' view on Vaughn. His loan was such an unbelievably stupid move on our board's part but, it's a classic case of absence makes the heart grow stronger.

In his time at Dumbarton his reputation and ability in the minds of rovers fans has snowballed somewhat. It reminds me of when Steven Fletcher wasn't getting called up to the the Scotland squad by Levein. Members of the tartan army built him up to be something he wasn't. He doesn't even get in the squad with a manger who doesn't bare a grudge these days.

I think there is going to a lot of pressure on Vaughn to get goals next season, hit the ground running. His record, albeit at a higher level, doesn't indicate he's going to be that 25 goals a season players and, yes, I realise there is more to his game than goals but I think the argument still holds up.

This isn't really me having a go at Vaughn, I rate him highly, but he's got a lot to live up to this coming season.

Refreshing to see that there are still some fans with sense...