The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

Take the hook out your mouth, canny believe someone would even go out there way and check on wiki. The main point I was making that you chose to ignore was the fact East Fife would bite your hand off to beat Rangers in a cup final yet one of your own tried to be little the tournament, So East Fife not bothering about the iron bru cup?

I didn't have to "check wiki", I just knew that. Of course I'd love it if East Fife won that cup. Why wouldn't I?

On the topic of EF stories I remember a cup game a few seasons ago during the McGlynn/Tade era, can't remember the score but we won (obviously). Walking down Links Street to see a group of EF fans singing a song intimating John McGlynn liked children. They had obviously forgotten about their ex chairman. Interesting bunch so they were.

38 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Welcome to league one, gtf with the big club mentality. Pleasing

We tried this with Dunfermline fans in the Championship, "you're just as diddyish as us, you're in the same league now, you're not a big club". It didn't work. In the end Rovers fans would just bite like f**k at their wind up's that went on throughout the season. I can kinda see why they did it, it's good fun watching a smaller rival team get all worked up. Much the same the way EF fans are acting on this thread so far.

Hans has taken your reputation of the most controversial Rovers fan. You'll need to hit new levels MN.

I'm not sure I can raise the bar that high. At least not at the moment.

And really poor spelling

And excessive exclamation marks!!!!!

You can't really blame East Fife for getting all excited about their big team taking a brief sojourn into their diddy league, I just hope they take their 4 beatings well. #backroaringback

Come on now guys. East Fife have done really well to get to where they are. It's not easy running a club on the back of 1 stand, small crowds and very little local interest.

I think we should be applauding a little club like East Fife for getting to where they are and giving it a go in a tough league for them. Ive always had a wee soft spot for them. They'll enjoy having something to look forward to this season with a couple of trips to Kirkcaldy. Bring the family along to have a shop around the Mercat before the game, have a look in the charity shops that we have so they can buy some half decent gear and then maybe head along to Kinghorn to see if there's a good caravan to pick for their summer holidays.

Good for them guys.

RAITH ROVERS .Have a bigger ground , bigger support , bigger budget , more charity shops , bigger caravan site , the mercat (lol) . Won better cups ? have Vaughn ? (lol) .But are still in the same league as EAST FIFE . Well done , PMSL .