The New Raith Rovers Thread

So what's the difference between 50/50 man berating Bobby Barr during a friendly, and posters on here giving it tight to Davo after 2 friendlies ?

Davos pish, Barr isn't.

Finishes 2-1. 
Smith in IMO.

So what's the difference between 50/50 man berating Bobby Barr during a friendly, and posters on here giving it tight to Davo after 2 friendlies ?

Eh where do we start. The player doesn't need to read this. Wee kids in the stand don't have to be subjected to this. That's just for starters.

Eh where do we start. The player doesn't need to read this. Wee kids in the stand don't have to be subjected to this. That's just for starters.

Football censorship... Ban all swearing at football clubs from players and supporters.

And to add to my post; Davos behaviour towards the referee yesterday was embarrassing and shocking. What kind of example is that to set towards the "wee kids in the stand"?

Stenny playing Real Kashmir, Stranraer playing FC Twente and Falkirk on a tour in Hungary... what do we get? An early KO in Cumbernauld. Why does the club make no effort when it comes to pre season. The last time we played down in England must be 10 years ago now.

££££.

That's my guess. I generally only attend friendlies if we're playing a team from another country, mainly England.

It's good to see how we compete with the likes of Norwich and Sheffield United. I'd even go if it was a less fashionable side like Carlisle, Wrexham, Gateshead or the likes.

££££.

That's my guess. I generally only attend friendlies if we're playing a team from another country, mainly England.

It's good to see how we compete with the likes of Norwich and Sheffield United. I'd even go if it was a less fashionable side like Carlisle, Wrexham, Gateshead or the likes.

I think it always helps if there is some kind of club connection as well. Don't know what the connection is with Stranraer and FC Twente but that Indian team playing Stenny have an ex Rangers and Aberdeen player playing for them.

Maybe now with Sim in charge we can get some summer trips to Bangkok or next time the ladyboys are playing at Adam Smith theatre they'll get run out at Starks..?

11 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I think it always helps if there is some kind of club connection as well. Don't know what the connection is with Stranraer and FC Twente but that Indian team playing Stenny have an ex Rangers and Aberdeen player playing for them.

Maybe now with Sim in charge we can get some summer trips to Bangkok or next time the ladyboys are playing at Adam Smith theatre they'll get run out at Starks..?

Fan's dying wish leads to Stranraer versus FC Twente game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-40494622

56 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Stenny playing Real Kashmir, Stranraer playing FC Twente and Falkirk on a tour in Hungary... what do we get? An early KO in Cumbernauld. Why does the club make no effort when it comes to pre season. The last time we played down in England must be 10 years ago now.

For the most part, I think preaseason friendlies in Scotland are dying down nowadays. The clubs in the top flight are tending to go abroad now for training camps, and even the likes of Falkirk did so this season too. I think Ayr have only played Partick U20s, Morton U20s and Motherwell U20s. While I'd love to see the club play better teams and bigger fixtures, it's only really an exercise for fitness and game time. 

The connection between Stranraer and Twente was that there was a terminally ill Twente fan who was wanting to see a Old Firm game, and a Stranraer/Rangers fan helped him out.

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Superb! Fair play to both clubs for that. So all Enigma needs to do is say the name of whatever team he wants the Rovers to play when he's on his death bed and he'll get his glamour friendly.

A trip to Peru to play Deportivo Wanka would be fun, or Mr Sim could take us to Indonesia to play Semen Padang.

Image result for Deportivo Wanka

Image result for Semen Padang

I agree, nice wee bus journey to the north of England would be far more attractive than a 12:30 KO at Clyde

I well remember heading down South for our double header with Southport and Chester under McGlynn about 10 years ago.

Both games were postponed due to waterlogged pitches and I'm sure we ended up playing Southport on an all weather pitch at the last minute which made it impossible to get to at short notice. A decent weekend all the same, but not from a football perspective, and one that must've cost the club a fair bit.

Always this time of year I bring it up, but we really should be trying to get some sort of ifiliation with FC Ingolstadt 04. They are based in our twin town FFS. I know there's some supporters who have gone out there to a game, but we really should be trying to organise a friendly with them either here or over there.

Would actually be amazing to play a game over in Germany. Especially with our history playing in Germany, in Bayern, in München.