The New Raith Rovers Thread

We do a season ticket and then offer a "cup top up" which is a discounted entry to cup games, but obviously relies on you getting a home tie. You either do it or you don't.

I assumed every club done that these days.

We do a season ticket and then offer a "cup top up" which is a discounted entry to cup games, but obviously relies on you getting a home tie. You either do it or you don't.

We did similar last season, offered a 'premium' season ticket (eg cups and friendlies) and a standard one which was league games only. Think the difference was 30 quid so basically paid for the two home League Cup games that were guaranteed.

Not sure why we reverted, it made sense and nobody really complained about it.

We did similar last season, offered a 'premium' season ticket (eg cups and friendlies) and a standard one which was league games only. Think the difference was 30 quid so basically paid for the two home League Cup games that were guaranteed.

Aye, it seems a pretty much fault free way of doing it tbh (we still have fans who moan about getting it, and then we don't get a home cup game, but only one or two folk)

On the whole Callachan transfer deadline day situation my two pence is this:

I think overall this could have been a very good piece of business. The crux of the issue seems to be Callachan out, Herron, the young winger from Hearts, plus 50k in.

By all accounts Herron seems to be a good player at Championship level so should do very well down in League 1. The asterisk here is that he has been injury prone. If he stays relatively fit I think this is a good swap.

I have seen a lot of people continually mention that they are astounded at how under-rated Callachan is. To me these comments seem to me to demonstrate how over-rated he is by some. His energy and physicality are undeniable assets. It seems to me that those who think he is under-rated place a large amount of value on these qualities over technical ability. Where as those who think he is over-rated place more value on technique and being a ball player.  

I also agree that he has had a very good start to the season and would certainly have been a good player for us this year (due to the above mentioned qualities). However, I think the best point was made by a Townie above who noted that it is no surprise he is looking good against part-time players who he is so superior to in terms of fitness and athleticism. I personally don’t think you can make a case that Ross is a very good ‘football’ player in terms of technique, awareness etc. That is not to say he is not a big asset at certain levels and in certain teams and formations.

Overall I think these type of players whose key assets are physical just frustrate me (and others who share my sentiments) and swapping a Callachan-style player for a ball playing midfielder is something I am excited about.

It also allows Mathews to play more who I think is a better player than Callachan in terms of intelligence and quality. And it has also meant our squad is one player bigger, which could be important. Especially as we don’t have any depth in the wide areas. And we have 50k which could potentially be used to cover injuries at the January window if needed which again might make the difference in winning the league.

I hope he goes on to have a good career because he has been an excellent servant and seems like a really nice guy. However, I would not be surprised if he barely plays at Hearts and is released after his contract expires to find a championship club.

We did a similar thing last season, in that we had standard season tickets which only covered league games and Premier season tickets which covered all cup games and friendlies.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

Think it was an apology for appointing Locke and the inevitable relegation that came with it.

State of the boy next to me. 4 up and coasting and he's criticising every slack pass, every broken down attack and every attempt that wasn't a goal. Never applauded once, sat stony faced with his equally stony wife and looked thoroughly miserable throughout. He hasn't sat there before and I hope he doesn't do so ever again. And I hope he gives his clothes back to his son.

I really wish SuperHans/MartinHans would come back to give us an update on how he feels about Lewis Vaughan now.

I can't help feeling that Vaughan's 13 goals in 10 games make Super/Martin look a bit silly.

He didn't need Vaughan to make him look silly, he was pretty adept at doing it all by himself.