The New Raith Rovers Thread

BBC Radio Scotland at 13:30 today.

Raith Rovers Shipwreck and the Scottish Inquisition

Time Travels, Series 2 Episode 9 of 10

From Raith Rovers 1923 shipwreck to the Second Sight with a detour via the Scottish Inquisition, Susan Morrison gets to grips with Scotland's varied past.

Football historian Dan Gray, takes Susan back to the 1920s when playing in Europe didn't mean a glamorous life of first class air travel and swanky hotels, but sharing your travels with a cargo of chilled beef and roughing it after a shipwreck.

p05m5l3j.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09dhfnb

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Still plenty of worthy potential inductees. Off the top of my head - Jimmy McEwan, Harry Colville, Chris Candlish and David Morris.

Can’t wait for the anecdotes from their former team mates.

At least someone else will get the opportunity to attend next year’s, as I won’t be queuing up for a ticket for the next one.

I think Ally Gourlay no longer being with us doesn't help with regards to the former player interaction. He did an absolute power of work getting guys to Starks Park for the half time draw etc. We had a new face every week at one point.

I went to the Coca Cola Cup anniversary one and it was absolutely fantastic. Don't think I'd go to another one though. Everyone I'd want to hear from as been inducted already.

I went to the Coca Cola Cup anniversary one and it was absolutely fantastic. Don't think I'd go to another one though. Everyone I'd want to hear from as been inducted already.

I was also at that one. I seemed to recall Shaun Dennis being inducted that year with the rest of them? I might be mistaken though.

He was inducted again last night separately..

The whole team was inducted.

That's perhaps where it falls down for me. Our greatest side ever have been inducted all together.  Take them away and there's not much outstanding players left, certainly not in our lifetime.

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

At least someone else will get the opportunity to attend next year’s, as I won’t be queuing up for a ticket for the next one.

:lol:

I,ve been to two HOF and much the same as others, think its seen its day.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Im doing the 3.... along with the Scotland game up in Aberdeen this Thursday as well!

I draw the line however at Stranraer away on a Tuesday night!!!!

I'm not doing any of those 3 but I'm contemplating an overnighter in Stranraer on the 5th December.

Bobby Barr is enjoying life at Raith this season. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/07/bobby-barr-raith-rovers/

A big week for Raith coming up - Dumbarton in the Irn-Bru Cup Quarter Finals before Ayr away on the Tuesday night. It'l be interesting how many changes - if any - are made on Saturday with Tuesday's league game in mind!

13 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Bobby Barr is enjoying life at Raith this season. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/07/bobby-barr-raith-rovers/

A big week for Raith coming up - Dumbarton in the Irn-Bru Cup Quarter Finals before Ayr away on the Tuesday night. It'l be interesting how many changes - if any - are made on Saturday with Tuesday's league game in mind!

He looked liked he couldn't  be arsed on saturday.

What ould the chances of the club or one of the support groups running a bus for this.  Better still getting someone to sponsor the bus and whatever price you pay to travel goes into the development fund.  Any volunteers?

Do the baby **** not play at Cappielow? The one small consolation of relegation was being spared two trips through there.

You've lost me Specky although I was never up with Dysart talk at the best of times.  I only thought it might be a good thing to get a few extra fans to support one of our teams that has progressed into a later stage of a cup regardless of where it is played.  Also, why no coverage on the official site Mr Sim you were asking on Saturday for helpers it would be nice if you sorted out your own house first.

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

What ould the chances of the club or one of the support groups running a bus for this.  Better still getting someone to sponsor the bus and whatever price you pay to travel goes into the development fund.  Any volunteers?

Are you not a member of the Jim McMillan club? 

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Why do you ask this question, it has nothing to do with my initial post so what's your fucking problem.  Are you a w****r or are you a Rovers supporter, looking at your previous you are a unemployed previous director if I am correct f**k off.

I asked if you were a member of the Jim McMillan club because you were looking for one of the supporters clubs to put a bus on and wondered why you couldn't organise it from your club? 

I'm sure Mr McMillan would be embarrassed to be associated with an arsehole like yourself though so I hope you aren't involved.