The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we fail to go up, will the BOD dispense with Smith? And if they do will they have the sense to approach McKinnon?
I don't trust our board to make any correct decision. We have a chairman who still doesn't think Locke was a mistake and then appoints a manager who doesn't play youth despite that, apparently, being a key requirement last summer.

Smith has played the most negative football I've ever seen at Starks. If we don't go up then there's no way he should stay.

I would take McKinnon back in a second but don't think it'll happen. By all accounts he wants a job in the Championship. Duffy has left Morton and if Livi don't go up and Hopkin leaves I would expect him to go to one of those clubs.

I find it poor that we haven’t heard from Barry Smith yet regarding yesterday’s performance . It always the Rovers way we get a bumper crowd and f@@k it up

Read today that he was asked by a reporter if he felt he should apologise to the Raith fans.

He didn’t answer and walked away.

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I find it poor that we haven’t heard from Barry Smith yet regarding yesterday’s performance . It always the Rovers way we get a bumper crowd and f@@k it up

If we buckle when there is a big crowd, then why have we been so pish for so long with crowds under 2,000 ??

1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

Read today that he was asked by a reporter if he felt he should apologise to the Raith fans.

He didn’t answer and walked away.

He should apologise regarding his tactics not just yesterday but the whole season he didn’t have any, I liked Ian McCall regarding the way he had Ayr playing a more entertaining side than the Rovers 

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

If we buckle when there is a big crowd, then why have we been so pish for so long with crowds under 2,000 ??

In regards to big matches when we need to win, yesterday and the Fife derby at east end for starters but I agree we have been pish for ages

Listening to that interview makes me put my head in my hands.

If that's Barry Smith's definition of throwing everything at it then we have absolutely no bloody chance in the playoffs. Some of our players were at walking pace yesterday. We shouldn't have given Alloa a minute's rest yesterday and towards the end of the match they actually looked the fitter side and more like scoring.

The unbeaten home record is brought up but it's completely pointless if you are worse than useless away. We all know teams set up and play differently home and away but it's down to a decent manager to make the difference and come up with a game plan. Smith does nothing but play hit and hope hoofball.

If Alloa get a win on Wednesday night they'll play exactly the same way next Saturday and we'll have exactly the same outcome.

I’m assuming, if we don’t go up and decide to drop to part time, that Smith (Barry) will just have to accept that? He’s signed up for another year and I’m assuming under a full time contract. Vaughan’s signed up as well.