The New Raith Rovers Thread

As someone who was punching the air with glee when Yogi was appointed i can’t claim to be an expert in managerial appointments. There is no guarantee that some of the names being muted ( Duffy, Lennon etc) would be interested in the job so why not for once try to create some level of consistency at the club. I’m sure Barry will, like all of us in our jobs, review the situation and identify where the errors took place. We amassed a points total which would ordinarily have won the league so he didn’t do too much wrong. Yeah the football was uninspiring but I’m content to give him a chance to put it right. Wouldn’t you be looking for similar backing from your employer. I await with interest the players who will be released and retained. I may alter my opinion at that point. COYR.

27 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

What’s the back story here lads?

Superhans posted some shite ages ago and was called out on it. His excuse was that his Son Martin used his P&B Account. He disappeared for ages then reappeared recently, as bold as brass. He's a tit.  

For me who stays and goes, it’s absolutely crucial for Barry to get it right. I was Barry out regardless if we went up or not, just doesn’t have any tactics - there’s just nothing there even under Murray it was the punt up the channel and then win the 2nd ball. We had nothing, it’s just our shite was better than everyone else’s shite.

Players I’d like to keep, first team or borderline first team;
Brian, looked excellent in the 2 games he featured (might’ve been more, but I only seen him in 2), and really cannot believe Smith was brought in instead. But we do need a new no.1... would absolutely love it if we could bring in Parry from Alloa.
JT, I’m on the fence, would only release him if we were deffo getting someone better.
Davo, definitely worth it, a few ropey moments early on in the season but has been excellent the rest of it.
Bene, needs to get his fitness back.
McKay, excellent prospect.
Murray, my POTY.
Robbo, will probably be player coach again.
Herron, on the fence, on his day he’s a player but he’s chocolate.
Hendry, I’d like to get him back on loan from Celtic again, good player.
Furtado, needs to stay focused though.
Vaughan, standard signs a contract extension and then form dips, but he is/was our only creative player this season, basically Barry needs to build the team round him next season.
Spence, done everything that Buchanan done that season but better but couldn’t get a look in because Barry’s a stubborn shite, decent enough return but again needs players in to play to his strengths.
Court, Big season ahead, needs to prove his worth.

The rest that was in the first team, OUT. If we get the Bobby Barr of the last 6 weeks of the season for a full season then he can stay, but he just goes hiding far to often. Matthews was massively disappointing, really thought he’d kick on.

Shopping list: a keeper, a full back, 2 centre midfielders; 1 of which must be box to box for the full 90, 2 wingers and a striker.

Very good but instead of being all over a rovers thread since our failure to gain promotion concentrate on your own club.

Am able to do both thanks very much, it's only the pointing and laughing at you lot that dries my salty tears going over our own affairs!!!

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Obviously haven't seen anywhere near as much of Raith as their fans, but from the outside all this 'total clearout needed' seems way over the top. You got 75 points, if you achieve anywhere near that next season you will win the league. Ayr are being replaced with Brechin, plus you'll have either Alloa or Dumbarton, both I'd expect would be around the play-offs, but not getting 76 points like Ayr this season.

Surely all that is needed is to more or less keep the 'tried and tested' which has got you to 75 points, and just make a few minor improvements in areas that Smith must have identified. If you rip the whole thing up and start the squad from scratch I think that's a pretty stupid move. You were one goal away from winning the league, it's not like you are a disaster all season.

The problem is more that the team is utterly incapable of handling pressure. 

Where the fault for that lies is debatable, but I'd start with the manager (who is staying) and the senior players (futures tbd). 

As much as I've enjoyed laughing at Raith Rovers the past couple of weeks, East Fife fans are a weird bunch taking the mick out a club and manager who took 12 points out of 12 from you this season.

It's borderline obsession, reminds me a lot of the Ayr v Stranraer 'rivalry'. They'd rather see you lose than their own team win.

As much as I've enjoyed laughing at Raith Rovers the past couple of weeks, East Fife fans are a weird bunch taking the mick out a club and manager who took 12 points out of 12 from you this season.
It's borderline obsession, reminds me a lot of the Ayr v Stranraer 'rivalry'. They'd rather see you lose than their own team win.

^^^crying on the inside.
Think you're just jealous, your lot took 12 out 12 against us as well but we don't give a shit about you, it must hurt!!!

It’s annoying when supporters of some daft wee club think they are in any way comparable to your own, isn’t it?

IMG_2225.jpg

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

It’s annoying when supporters of some daft wee club think they are in any way comparable to your own, isn’t it?

IMG_2225.jpg

Must be horrible knowing that even although this has been your most successful season for years the long lasting memory will be the fact you lost to a "daft wee club" at the start of the season.

54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Must be horrible knowing that even although this has been your most successful season for years the long lasting memory will be the fact you lost to a "daft wee club" at the start of the season.

Tell me you haven't had a bite at my clear bait?  I thought you would've been too long in the P+B tooth for both that (and my) type of shite. :P

Nice to see the club finally actually acknowledge this is taking place. Aside from a few contradictory comments by David Sinton in the FFP, it’s never been mentioned.

More questions than answers though. Hopefully it all works out OK.