The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Willie who? 

If you don't even know their nicknames then you don't deserve them tbh!!!

Duggan is a fantastic ball playing right back, whilst Willie should be playing at a higher level between the sticks!!!

I actually had to go and google both players there to double check as I was sure Duggan was a striker and Wilkie a CM. [emoji23]

I thought I was thinking of 2 completely different players [emoji23]

Don’t know what his deal is like at Celtic but I’d really hope we try and get Hendry back for next season. Probably unlikely but he put in some great performances in the run in.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Don’t know what his deal is like at Celtic but I’d really hope we try and get Hendry back for next season. Probably unlikely but he put in some great performances in the run in.

Think he is contacted with them until 2019 - would certainly like to see him back and hopefully with a proper run in the side

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

We absolutely should've "stood in his way" unless the fee was worth it - which I highly doubt. 

Bearing in mind that "not standing in his way" meant "standing in our way" of being promoted...

Why do you highly doubt the fee was worth it? How much did we get? How much is worth it for a guy that has just been relegated from the Championship to league 1? No club is going to pay 6 figures for a player in league 1.

I have a rough idea of the ballpark figure, and I also know that there was a very decent sell on percentage involved.

Sell on percentage will probably be useless/irrelevant. He’s clearly not really cut it at Hearts. If he moves on I suspect will be end of contract or a nominal fee.

I think I noticed Duggan when we played East Fife. Difficult to tell if he would be better in a better team. The current East Fife team didn’t look great so it’s not hard to stand out as better than your teammates.

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Sell on percentage will probably be useless/irrelevant. He’s clearly not really cut it at Hearts. If he moves on I suspect will be end of contract or a nominal fee.

He'll appear at a club like Falkirk or Queen of the South before long I'd suspect.

He'll appear at a club like Falkirk or Queen of the South before long I'd suspect.

I’d say there’s a chance a Dundee or a St. Johnstone take a chance but I think you’re about right.

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

Why do you highly doubt the fee was worth it? How much did we get? How much is worth it for a guy that has just been relegated from the Championship to league 1? No club is going to pay 6 figures for a player in league 1.

I have a rough idea of the ballpark figure, and I also know that there was a very decent sell on percentage involved.

£40k & 25%

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

I have no idea who Chris Duggan is. Is he the long haired bearded chap? if so he is pish.

No that was Mark Lamont, Chris Duggan played up front on his own and scored 15 goals which is good considering that he was playing for a struggling East Fife team I also believe he won all the player of the year awards except the young players