The New Raith Rovers Thread

Now watch all the opposition teams get excited at the prospect of signing him not realising he's absolutely mince.

We've had him, we don't want him, Young will probably sign him!!![emoji853]

This is a good start Barr is a decent player with good ability, however his attitude is fucking shocking on the park so who knows what it' like in private. First of many i would imagine.

27 minutes ago, renton said:

Note to Barry Smith, assuming we don't get off to a horrific start and end up doing a Dunfermline in the league, expect teams to sit in against us. Therefore, your gonna need wide players with decent upper body strength and acceleration in order to beat men from a standing start in a tight space.  Guys who show up for two months a year, and spend the rest of the time deliberately hiding behind their marker need not apply.

IIRC we finished 7th (seventh) in our second season down in League One. 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

A lot of similarities between Barr and Brian Fairbairn. 

Decent players on their day but lack of consistency and bad attitudes let them down. 

Hopefully we can get Barr sent off like we did Fairbairn :lol:

I’ll say good luck to Bobby Barr but I’ll not shed a tear over his departure. An absolute passenger these last two seasons and a poor attitude.
I do however wonder who’s choice this is

Bobby Barr - Fancies he’s better than us.

Board - wages too high

Smith - realised he’s not good enough.

Likewise, not disappointed to see Barr go - time for him to move on, and this was definitely a position that had to be improved! decent enough player when his head was in the game, but I can barely remember a strong performance from him in the last 18 months!

Spence will go as it's clear Smith doesn't rate him and, at any rate, we will have to suffer another season of Buchanan having the ball launched at him. No point in keeping Spence as well. 

Spence should've hit 20+ this season, but poor management  (dropping him whilst in form and hoofball) have seen that squandered. I'm not really a fan of Spence based on his ability at Championship level, but he is a standout goalscorer at this level. Shame Smith wasted him. 

He'll go elsewhere and will punish us.

I'd definitely have Spence over Buchanan. I wouldn't say he's more technically gifted, or even a better player, than Buchanan but I think he works a little bit harder and his hold up play is definitely much better. There's more chance of Spence heading a ball too.

In saying that, did Buchanan not get one or two headed goals last season?

I'd give my right leg to have the McKinnon team of 2 seasons ago back. And McKinnon. 

Do we think there will be more to follow today or will we likely be kept in the dark until the end of May/after the play off finals are done?

Not a huge fan of Spence and think Buchanan is a better all round player. Spence has undoubted goal scoring ability but it’s just a case of a player and a club not quite matching.

I’ll wish Barr all the best, the spat with the fans not great and he’s not been as effective as I’d have liked but was excellent at carrying the ball forward from deep positions. Will most likely sign for another L1 team and run ya ragged whilst offering us the big shh.

Yep, based on this season Spence was significantly better than Buchanan for my money - and I didn’t really think Spence was great to be honest.

I’d keep him if we can get rid of Buchanan. Couldn’t bear another season of them both though, so it’s a bit unfortunate for Spence.