The New Raith Rovers Thread

What’s folks views on Furtado?

A regular I work with found it strange he never started some of the crucial games nearer the end of the season.

Would you take him back again?

Would take Furtado if he could get himself properly fit. Always looked like he was carrying an extra few pounds and tired towards the end of games. He’s far more effective up than he is wide.
Agree with all of the above

Would take Furtado if he could get himself properly fit. Always looked like he was carrying an extra few pounds and tired towards the end of games. He’s far more effective up than he is wide.

Heard Furtado is fond of his fish suppers.

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If we're after a left back then we should try for Callum Crane who is out of contract from Hibs.

This is the route we should taking, a hand full of talented young players punted from the top league, would be preferable over journeymen IMHO

I'd get rid of Furtado. While he's really young, from what I know his attitude doesn't seem the greatest. Looked excellent when he came in, but seems to  have put weight on and doesn't work as hard as other. The fans don't give him any hassle because he'll do enough running hassled defenders while doing little with the ball. Compared to other members of the squad who got far more stick like Zanatta, he had far less of an impact and a poorer attitude. 

On the theme of Alloa loanees, I’d love us to sign Ross Stewart. Was impressed with him everytime I saw him. If we persist with our direct style of play would think he’d suit that too.

Cant see him getting game time with St Mirren in the Premiership but I’d imagine they may want to loan him to a Championship side next season. Would also take his namesake at St Mirren as our keeper.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

On the theme of Alloa loanees, I’d love us to sign Ross Stewart. Was impressed with him everytime I saw him. If we persist with our direct style of play would think he’d suit that too.

Cant see him getting game time with St Mirren in the Premiership but I’d imagine they may want to loan him to a Championship side next season. Would also take his namesake at St Mirren as our keeper.

Can see him coming back to Alloa, but he'd be a cracking season. Him and Fitzpatrick have been huge for them. 

For all those cheering the news about McHattie, I would caution that he put up a goodbye post around this time last year as well.

Wherever he goes next, he's due some luck on the injury front.

As for the rest, glad to see the back of Barr, not fussed about Spence because we'd never get the best out of him under Smith, a bit sorry to see the back of Court but again it's obvious Smith doesn't rate him and Thorsen has made no impact this season so no surprise he's gone.

Is that everyone so far?

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Lots of folk who called Barr pish, now wishing him well on Twitter.
Nothing quite as 2 faced as a football fan.

Not really there will be loads of players, staff and board members that for one reason or another have left the club and the fans have been frustrated with but in 99% of them they gave their best and for some reason it didn’t work out. It doesn’t mean you can’t wish them well or thank them for their efforts. Most of what will have been said will have been heat of the moment during a frustrating season.