The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy with that. Think Peterhead would have given us more trouble than Stenny will (although there manager has given enough bother in the past as a player). Also an expensive, long and difficult trip.

Delighted to see Paul Mcmanus get sent off for Cove today. 

I was there. What a bloody stramash. Game of 2 halves - both pish. Cowden useless 1st half and looked dead and buried. 2nd half tightened up at back and McManus and Megginson had far fewer chances. Absolute heads gone from Cove with one of their players getting tore into the Cowden bench and officials. Awful, dreadful "football" but nice to see the Witch again.

Would take Furtado if he could get himself properly fit. Always looked like he was carrying an extra few pounds and tired towards the end of games. He’s far more effective up than he is wide.

You think he was carrying a bit of extra weight at the end of season? You should have seen the size of him when he first played for us in August! One of the biggest arses I’ve seen on a footballer.

30 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Stenhousemuir beat Peterhead in the playoffs which makes it a bit easier for at least one away weekend next season (for everyone except Calderon).  

20 minutes from my house or 3 hours from my house. Thank you Stenny for the nice away trip!

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Stenhousemuir beat Peterhead in the playoffs which makes it a bit easier for at least one away weekend next season (for everyone except Calderon).  

Great stuff, their soup pisses over the shite at Alloa.

As long as Dumbarton can overcome Alloa tomorrow, then next season other than the 3 day hike  to Stranraer there isn't an away fixture very much more than an hours travelling from Kirkcaldy.  That'll be handy for those that are still planning on going next season.

Edited by Scottydog

You think he was carrying a bit of extra weight at the end of season? You should have seen the size of him when he first played for us in August! One of the biggest arses I’ve seen on a footballer.

You should see Cowdenbeath's no.9
Jumbo the Magnificent

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

11 v 11. Ft and pt is just a daft excuse at times Imo. Alloa bitch slapped us in the playoffs as a pt team.

It clearly has a big difference over the course of a 36 game season hence why we found ourselves 15 points clear of Alloa. If we're full time it should give us a massive advantage imo.

It clearly has a big difference over the course of a 36 game season hence why we found ourselves 15 points clear of Alloa. If we're full time it should give us a massive advantage imo.

That's why I said it's daft at times. Realistically though I don't think we are favourites for the league next season just because we're full time. Barry will have to make the right signings that actually fit his game plan if we are to win the league, it won't just happen because we're full time.

There' no point in the club risking paying for a full time set up just to end up finishing behind a team full of guys who work a 9 to 5 before doing a few hours training twice a week.

There's no direct competition like Ayr this season and there should have been some pretty harsh lessons learnt not just from the play off shambles but the endless implosions in the park through out the entire season.

29 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That's why I said it's daft at times. Realistically though I don't think we are favourites for the league next season just because we're full time. Barry will have to make the right signings that actually fit his game plan if we are to win the league, it won't just happen because we're full time.

does he have a game plan other than kicking it up the park to strikers that are always dwarfed by defenders ?

:lol:

Of course we’ll be favourites for the league. Whether you think we should or not, doesn’t affect whether we’ll be favourites or not

The bookies will understandably have us down as favourites.