The New Raith Rovers Thread

Whole situation reminds me of when we signed Thomson. Donaldson was our only rb and we needed to change him to give him a break but couldn't. Would be better getting someone to provide competition for Watson rather than having him as our only option.

With Bene Davo McKay and Murray all signed up and no senior full backs it would seem an ideal opportunity to build a team to play with 3 at the back. 

Murray will play left back, he shown this season he is more than capable of doing so. Bene & Davo will be first choice centre half’s. Watson is good for a back up, but still too raw to be starting a full season. Needing a new RB, but i just can’t think of one...
More pressing though, is a keeper and a whole midfield.

We've signed Lewis McCann who apparently has played for Raiths U20's, any good? He's part of the 6 players coming out of FEFA this year to join Dunfermline as apparently you East Fife and Cowden have really cut back on what you spent on the Academy.

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

We've signed Lewis McCann who apparently has played for Raiths U20's, any good? He's part of the 6 players coming out of FEFA this year to join Dunfermline as apparently you East Fife and Cowden have really cut back on what you spent on the Academy.

All three players that were in our development squad are decent, but at 16 and 17 year old it's too soon to predict what they'll become as professionals.

25 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

As Zen said, different age group and started only two games for the U20s. 

32 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

All three players that were in our development squad are decent, but at 16 and 17 year old it's too soon to predict what they'll become as professionals.

I've had another look and the total goes up to four ex-development players.

Some gossip. Robertson, albeit heading to Dundee Utd as a coach, will still be playing on a Saturday but with Arbroath. Thomson now works for DPD and is earning more doing that alone than he was playing full time for us. He to is Arbroath bound. We’ve also requested ALL the Betfred Cup games are away from home as the pitch won’t be ready on time.

So I’m guessing some folk who have already bought season tickets will be a bit miffed? Aren’t Betfred Cup games included in the season book? Will they reduce the price now due to this? 

So I’m guessing some folk who have already bought season tickets will be a bit miffed? Aren’t Betfred Cup games included in the season book? Will they reduce the price now due to this? 

Cup games aren’t included in this years season ticket and chances are this will be why.

So I received a notification on my phone earlier today. Raith Rovers first Instagram story! What could this be? A new signing? A message from the manager? A view of the progress on the pitch? Nah, a player who left us a couple of seasons ago cutting his wedding cake.

So I received a notification on my phone earlier today. Raith Rovers first Instagram story! What could this be? A new signing? A message from the manager? A view of the progress on the pitch? Nah, a player who left us a couple of seasons ago cutting his wedding cake.

Cos he’s coming back to us on loan next season to fight it out with Robbie Thomson for the gloves