The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would be a big blow to lose Scott Robertson, and what a signing that would be for Arbroath.

Four away games would be better than hiring out New Bayview, but I’m not sure where it would stand in terms of fairness, or ‘sporting integrity’.

While I’m not that bothered about playing all the ties away from home in the League Cup as there’s only a tiny chance of us progressing out of that group, surely the integrity of the competition would be undermined by us playing all our ties at an opponents ground? Can’t see that precedent being set by the league 

If we are forced to hire a neutral ground it would make sense to avoid handing money to one of our rivals in the league, so I doubt it will be New Bayview. Central Park or even somewhere random like Ainslie Park in Edinburgh might be a better bet. 

I hope Smith has signed some good replacements for the new season as all the other teams are looking good regarding signings etc. I really do believe it may have been better going part time so we could attract the best players in the league because clearly full time didn’t mean a jot when you look how Alloa totally out played us 

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I hope Smith has signed some good replacements for the new season as all the other teams are looking good regarding signings etc. I really do believe it may have been better going part time so we could attract the best players in the league because clearly full time didn’t mean a jot when you look how Alloa totally out played us 

Aye maybe over the 2 play-offs games. We still finished comfortably above them over the 36 games. But that’s what the play-offs are all about. Replicate what we did last season points total will get us the title. No other team will come close. 

On 5/26/2018 at 16:34, Beachbum said:

We're not needing an  ageing full back when the midfield is desperately needing some attention.

Play Watson.

Watson showed inexperience and was wanting in every game he played in, too soon for him to be starting right back 

42 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If we are forced to hire a neutral ground it would make sense to avoid handing money to one of our rivals in the league, so I doubt it will be New Bayview. Central Park or even somewhere random like Ainslie Park in Edinburgh might be a better bet. 

plenty pitches in the Beveridge Park and could still use the facilities in Stark's Park

I have posted this another thread but I think it might get a decent pop in here:
I recorded a podcast with Grant Anderson earlier in the week. In this second part, he talks about his four years at Raith Rovers, and there's a lot of neat stuff in here.
CLICK

Listened to this today, anderson seems to take nothing for granted, seems really down to earth and has done well not to let the disappointments in his career put him down. A good player at raith, just a shame the way he was treated. Fair play to him for admitting that his first game for queens against us he let his emotions get the better of him and his manager done the right thing bringing him off, and learning from it.

I hope Smith has signed some good replacements for the new season as all the other teams are looking good regarding signings etc.

The transfer activity seems to be really quiet from us considering what replacements we need. But maybe they are waiting until deals are done before announcing anything.

Away game at tynecastle would be just great. For the drinking of course.

Tynecastle is the best away game for atmosphere as well.

I still don't get why we didn't run with the hybrid PT/FT model. We are the bottom pick FT team in Scotland and are missing out on good PT players as a result of our choice. 

Just play the League Cup games down the Bevy Park - it's a joke tournament now anyway. 

My first trip up to Inverness, can’t remember the score or anything...but I do remember an Inverness fan walking over, and was like “who is that black guy up front for you? He’s Like a bloody Ox....”

That is, ahem...Didier Agathe.

Edited by Wardy

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I still don't get why we didn't run with the hybrid PT/FT model. We are the bottom pick FT team in Scotland and are missing out on good PT players as a result of our choice. 

Just play the League Cup games down the Bevy Park - it's a joke tournament now anyway. 

Don't understand this point at all. Pretty sure there's more money for clubs, plus every side gets four games instead of just getting papped out in early August.

Even if your side doesn't do well, it can still act as a more organised, competitive pre-season.

Can see people thinking it's no better than the old format but it's ridiculous to say it's worse.

11 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I've had another look and the total goes up to four ex-development players.

Aye noticed that when I was reading through the interviews, most of them seem like they were playing with Raith.

Anyone watch any of the youth players? 

New Central park Kelty.

Don't understand this point at all. Pretty sure there's more money for clubs, plus every side gets four games instead of just getting papped out in early August.
Even if your side doesn't do well, it can still act as a more organised, competitive pre-season.
Can see people thinking it's no better than the old format but it's ridiculous to say it's worse.

It’s better in that you’re guaranteed 4 games and you’re more likely to get at least one decent game (e.g. Hearts).

It’s worse in that it’s turned into glorified pre-season friendlies and smaller teams have less chance of qualifying due to the league format, when previously it was a straight knockout competition.

There’s not a lot in it really on the better or worse debate. At least the final is back to being before Christmas.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s worse in that it’s turned into glorified pre-season friendlies and smaller teams have less chance of qualifying due to the league format, when previously it was a straight knockout competition.

Maybe more chance in theory but look at the quarter-finals in the years before the format change, mostly if not all top division teams.