The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know seasons just finished but just out of curiosity.... Are we likely to see a new home strip this season or are we keeping the same one from last season?

Same home strip. Different away strip

I hate to drag up the past, and I know it’s been done to death, but Jack Ross was today announced as Sunderland manager. A man who we interviewed and subsequently turned down in favour of Mr Gary Locke.
Sunderland are absolute mugs, could have got locke for cheaper plus he would have given a better interview.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
I hate to drag up the past, and I know it’s been done to death, but Jack Ross was today announced as Sunderland manager. A man who we interviewed and subsequently turned down in favour of Mr Gary Locke.

Sunderland are absolute mugs, could have got locke for cheaper plus he would have given a better interview.

The interview process at Tynecastle must be more lax than ours.

Well Gary, can you say 'chicken or beef?'

Last season they did it according to the way the teams were drawn, meaning we would be away to Cove Rangers & ICT & home to Hearts & Cowdenbeath.

I’d be quite happy if it turned out this way, not been to Cove or ICT’s grounds. I remember a few seasons back we played Cove but it was played at Forfar’s ground. Can’t really remember why.

Same home strip. Different away strip

Strange if they are keeping the same home strip and to no restock during last season. Basically sold out most sizes pretty quickly, I remember the XL was gone by the time I went for it anyway. I really liked that seasons strip.

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I’d be quite happy if it turned out this way, not been to Cove or ICT’s grounds. I remember a few seasons back we played Cove but it was played at Forfar’s ground. Can’t really remember why.

Cove sold their ground and banked the cash, however for some reason they took their time with the new build.

They went bush in the interim playing home games at Inverurie and due to complications were forced to play the cup games a Forfar.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Knowing us it’ll be drainage installed by the plastic pitch contractor equivalent of Gary F Locke. It’ll then flood, then due to a chemical reaction, it’ll spontaneously combust, then it will form a sinkhole and Stark’s Park will disappear forever into it’s murky depths.

Would still be better than central park.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Cove sold their ground and banked the cash, however for some reason they took their time with the new build.

They went bush in the interim playing home games at Inverurie and due to complications were forced to play the cup games a Forfar.

Inverurie had a friendly with Aberdeen the next day and didn't want their pitch wrecked.

As I work about 50 yards from Inverurie's ground i remember being especially raging at that.

That draw is the problem with the new league cup system. We've played Cove and Cowdenbeath recently. Inverness is also a poor draw. The way it's set up it's almost impossible for the likes of us to qualify so hopefully we can build up some form for the league campaign.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That draw is the problem with the new league cup system. We've played Cove and Cowdenbeath recently. Inverness is also a poor draw. The way it's set up it's almost impossible for the likes of us to qualify so hopefully we can build up some form for the league campaign.

Obviously it's impossible to qualify. That's why a few years ago we beat you, inverness, ross county and then held celtics invincibles for 83 minutes. :huh:

Our group is the only 1 where each team is from a different league, so we’re very much unlikely to play any of these teams again this season unless we make it in to Rnd 4/5 of the Scottish and get drawn agains Hearts.
Personally, the fixture I want the most is Inverness away as I haven’t been to their ground. And it’s relatively easy to get to by train.

47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I heard rumours we are interested.

Yeah thats been circling around our support for months. Probably best for all concerned. He's quite understandably not the marauding right back he used to be, and his overlapping runs have become less and less. Was servicable but never outstanding in the defensive side of the game. Last season his goal tally obscured some shortcomings but it really was an aberration: From the website he's played over 200 games and scored 10 times through 7 seasons with 7 of those 10 goals coming last season...

In the PFA team of the season. And if there was one real positive in the Raith team last season it was their defence. Won a lot of close games. He’s only 30 and he’s a total unit. I doubt we’d find any better for this league to be honest, if we do get him.