The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The Courier was linking us with Greg Fleming of Peterhead. 

Good to see the long tradition of fretting about new signings is being carried on though. 

To continue another fine pre season tradition: isn't he pish?

Good to see the long tradition of fretting about new signings is being carried on though. 

Name rings a bell, was he not at Dunfermline when we were both going for the league?

10 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

This time last season we were tearing our hair out. Didn't get a single signing until 9th June and then three came along at once.

http://www.raithrovers.net/30132/triple-signing-coup-for-smith.htm

To continue another fine pre season tradition: isn't he pish?

Name rings a bell, was he not at Dunfermline when we were both going for the league?

Played with us for two years before he went to Peterhead.

Good goalkeeper at that level and had a superb penalty saving record with us.

Would be a major improvement from your two goalies last season. There were rumours he was coming back to us but they’ve died down now.

21 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Negative. We had Chris Smith that season. 

Fleming was before him, he was the one that booted Gregory Tade to f**k I'm sure. 

And aye, he's pish. 

Did he not leave you last summer as he didn’t want to go full time though?

Yes

I think he’s a solicitor and he was earning a decent wage with them but the rumours are he’s looking for a full time team and we were interested. I’d probably take him back if it meant we couldn’t get anyone better but I can’t see him signing for us.

My abiding memory of Greg Fleming was that he was indeed pish. Then again that was 8/9 years ago. 

I'd be surprised if someone would put their career as a solicitor on hold to come and play for us. 

Fleming was murder at Dunfermline and I remember being pleased to be lining up against him in our last season in the Championship. He was absolutely fine though.

Not an exciting signing but sounds pretty ‘safe’ to me. After the past couple of seasons I’d be happy enough.

My abiding memory of Greg Fleming was that he was indeed pish. Then again that was 8/9 years ago. 
I'd be surprised if someone would put their career as a solicitor on hold to come and play for us. 

Good solid keeper, good shot stopper, great penalty saving record but like Dracula hates crosses. Will be competent enough for you guys in league one.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Good solid keeper, good shot stopper, great penalty saving record but like Dracula hates crosses. Will be competent enough for you guys in league one.

A less than ideal solution given that many of our goals were lost from our inability to defend corners and crosses into the box.