The New Raith Rovers Thread

You know you’re going to be playing in league one next season?

He would be a brilliant signing.

He was also excellent for Scotland, and had a decent scoring record given the role he was asked to play.

Even at his age, he’s been probably the main focal point of Rangers attacks over the last few years. Maybe not so much that season there. The year before though, he seemed to score every week for them.

He would be a brilliant signing in this league. I can’t see it happening though.

He does the running about part of the game well, working with someone upfront he is good, but if we were looking for someone to be an out and out striker, then it maybe wouldn’t be such a good idea. Can you see smith having someone running the channels the way miller done?

He does the running about part of the game well, working with someone upfront he is good, but if we were looking for someone to be an out and out striker, then it maybe wouldn’t be such a good idea. Can you see smith having someone running the channels the way miller done?

Who would you rather instead of him?

If we had any chance whatsoever of signing him. We should snatch at it with both hands.

I think he’d be a great signing but he wouldn’t score the goals that many fans would expect him to.

I think playing alongside a much quicker striker would be decent with Miller just in behind him. His technical ability would be far beyond anyone currently in the league but he doesn’t have the pace to go beyond defenders which is needed.

Get the ball to him in the right positions though and he’d do a job for you.

Will probably never happen though.

11 hours ago, kev23 said:

It could be nonsense but a friend of a friend who knows Spence mentioned he had 9 offers for part time football (0 full time) after his release with the top figure being £375 p/w.

Ties in with what I’ve heard. 

A mates son plays for Hearts and one of their young lads signed for Arbroath for £400 per week allegedly. 

That might include travel expenses etc but is a bloody good wage for a part time footballer!

An impressive effort to combine discussion about possibly signing Kenny Miller, Scott McDonald or Lee Miller with how you're struggling to outbid part-time clubs for players.

To be fair, considering we’re probably the only team in Scotland to have not made a signing yet, we’re allowed to dream, aren’t we? :lol:

An impressive effort to combine discussion about possibly signing Kenny Miller, Scott McDonald or Lee Miller with how you're struggling to outbid part-time clubs for players.

We could talk about the hypothetical situation of signing David Goodwillie again?

Some more pics of the pitch progress. Note the sprinkler system in the goals. 
Tony tells me that the sprinklers are to be run prior to the game and at half time. 
_20180601_114556.thumb.JPG.456323b6a802c17a15704cad6d4b2601.JPG
_20180601_114935.thumb.JPG.64ef91f3aeefc247ffed61314461bfa4.JPG

Nice stones.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We could talk about the hypothetical situation of signing David Goodwillie again?

Would be good if we could talk about the hypothetical signing of anybody tbh.

Seems a lot of business going on elsewhere with most of the P/T teams in the league.

The silence from San Starko is deafening!

9 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Would be good if we could talk about the hypothetical signing of anybody tbh.

Seems a lot of business going on elsewhere with most of the P/T teams in the league.

The silence from San Starko is deafening!

Smith will come up with the goods, I mean it's not like he's ever failed us before....

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Nice stones.

And we shall leave none of them unturned!

Raith Rovers #Roaring Whimpering Back!

#Shuffling Sideways!

Edited by Scottydog