The New Raith Rovers Thread

I notice a Ross County fan over on the Livi thread saying he heard Vaughan to County was pretty much a done deal.
Either way it looks like his departure is imminent. 

It would probably be easier for him to kid on he’d always been a Livi fan which would trigger the standard Rovers ‘cannae stand in the boys way’ clause.

Just listened to the Bobby Barr interview, surprised at the backing for Gary Locke.

Not surprised at the Fuckwittery from our board, over Locke’s sacking, and the keeper farce.

Sounded a bit like Bobby using the interview as a Hiya Pal, come and sign me opportunity

If Barr is being honest and Hughes’ idea of training for the last few weeks of the season was a game of 8aside each day of the week then that is a total farce.

Thought he came across well, shame he refused to delve into more detail with the juicy stuff

Being a petulant footballer for 90mins on a Sat doesn’t make Barr a bad person, hope he does well wherever he ends up

If Barr is being honest and Hughes’ idea of training for the last few weeks of the season was a game of 8aside each day of the week then that is a total farce.
Thought he came across well, shame he refused to delve into more detail with the juicy stuff
Being a petulant footballer for 90mins on a Sat doesn’t make Barr a bad person, hope he does well wherever he ends up

[emoji6]

I’d take him in a heartbeat.

He did a lot of running, but not much else when playing with scotland (which were the only games i seen him play) and the chances he missed were unbelievable. Holland at hampden, a case in point. Then there was the extra 3 or touches he use to take and let the defenders get back (Holland in amsterdam, italy in bari)

He did a lot of running, but not much else when playing with scotland, and the chances he missed were unbelievable. Holland at hampden, a case in point. Then there was the extra 3 or touches he use to take and let the defenders get back (Holland in amsterdam, italy in bari)

You know you’re going to be playing in league one next season?

He would be a brilliant signing.

He was also excellent for Scotland, and had a decent scoring record given the role he was asked to play.

He did a lot of running, but not much else when playing with scotland (which were the only games i seen him play) and the chances he missed were unbelievable. Holland at hampden, a case in point. Then there was the extra 3 or touches he use to take and let the defenders get back (Holland in amsterdam, italy in bari)

Even at his age, he’s been probably the main focal point of Rangers attacks over the last few years. Maybe not so much that season there. The year before though, he seemed to score every week for them.

He would be a brilliant signing in this league. I can’t see it happening though.

Kenny Miller would tear this league apart for any club. He's not exactly Ronaldo, but his work rate combined with his finishing ability would be different class. Being honest, the likes of Declan McManus, Liam Buchanan (pre Rovers), and Lawrence Shankland have all scored ridiculous numbers of goals at this level and never looked anything spectacular at the levels above.

My god, typical Rovers fans, not like I think we could even consider signing Kenny Miller, but here is a player that was one of the fittest at Rangers and has scored goals everywhere he has played, yet some think that he would be a bad signing. Get a grip if we have the chance then grasp it with both hands.  

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Kenny Miller would tear this league apart for any club. He's not exactly Ronaldo, but his work rate combined with his finishing ability would be different class. Being honest, the likes of Declan McManus, Liam Buchanan (pre Rovers), and Lawrence Shankland have all scored ridiculous numbers of goals at this level and never looked anything spectacular at the levels above.

Miller barely ripped this league apart when he was in it and in a much better team than ours will be. Given he is getting on a bit, I wouldn’t fancy him here too much, especially if he was to be paired with Buchanan.

If we were looking for experience, how about another Miller, Lee? I presume Livi won’t be keeping him? We were crying out for a unit up top last season to bring others into play and occupy opposing centre backs