The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mental how many well known players are dropping down to part time.  When Dumbarton went apeshit and started signing the bulk of our players last season you'd think they'd have learnt their lesson by now. I'm pretty sure our fans will get Barr so wound up that he'll get sent off in all 4 games. 

That signing tells me that you lot have thrown in the towel for the season coming.

Barr could b a fantastic signing for someone. Aitken seems to be quite good at getting the best out of players (possibly last season aside)

Barr could b a fantastic signing for someone. Aitken seems to be quite good at getting the best out of players (possibly last season aside)

I have a feeling he’ll be like the Barr of old at Dumbarton instead of whatever Raith got out of him.

He’s still a good player just not got a great attitude.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I have a feeling he’ll be like the Barr of old at Dumbarton instead of whatever Raith got out of him.

He’s still a good player just not got a great attitude.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Seems Ayr fans have a high opinion of Barr?  Wondering why as he done nothing positive in our games against Ayr last season. 

6 goals in 2 seasons and only a handful of assists is a pretty pathetic return for an attacking player.  Good riddance I say. 

Seems Ayr fans have a high opinion of Barr?  Wondering why as he done nothing positive in our games against Ayr last season. 
6 goals in 2 seasons and only a handful of assists is a pretty pathetic return for an attacking player.  Good riddance I say. 

I don’t have a high opinion of him, however some players flourish at different clubs. He clearly has ability, and was previously excellent at championship level not too long ago.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t have a high opinion of him, however some players flourish at different clubs. He clearly has ability, and was previously excellent at championship level not too long ago.

Aye.

He was always decent v Sons when he was with Morton.

Quite happy we've signed him tbh

I don’t think Barr is as bad as made out and by the sounds of the podcast, Barry Smith wanted to keep him but couldn’t afford to. Not sure what it says that Dumbarton have now signed him.

Happy enough that he left but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he did well with Dumbarton.

There's a player there somewhere, but in two years we didn't see anywhere near enough. There were many games where he didn't exactly do anything ridiculously wrong, was just nowhere to be seen.

Whilst he came across well in the podcast, he remains the only Rovers player I've seen that challenged his own fans to a fight. Can't say he'll be missed.

He also said we would have stayed up under Locke which is quite ridiculous.

Edited by CALDERON

To be fair none of your players did very much against us last season.

I’ve got a high opinion of him because I’ve seen my fair share of the sea side league and Barr was always a stand out.

Considering Aitken seems to be able to get the best of certain players I think Barr will be pretty good for Dumbarton.

I don’t think Barr is as bad as made out and by the sounds of the podcast, Barry Smith wanted to keep him but couldn’t afford to. Not sure what it says that Dumbarton have now signed him.

Probably not that much. I don't imagine we offered less, just not enough to allow him to remain full time. I'm presuming he's based in the west also so less travelling.

I think he'll cause us problems next season, but I don't think that means we should have signed him. There is clearly a decent player in there, and he's rapid, but he's just not shown enough for me over the last few years.

5 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Probably not that much. I don't imagine we offered less, just not enough to allow him to remain full time. I'm presuming he's based in the west also so less travelling.

I think he'll cause us problems next season, but I don't think that means we should have signed him. There is clearly a decent player in there, and he's rapid, but he's just not shown enough for me over the last few years.

I take it he hasn't got a job outwith football at the moment? Quite a few of our guys have started working for C&G Systems (our stadium sponsor) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Bobby too.

Barr best games for us over two years tended to be the start and end of the season. Make of that what you will. His assist rate was awful for a guy who's principle job is to set goals up, and 6 goals over two seasons isn't great with 3 coming in a 3 week burst near the end of the season just played. On the other hand he's fast with good feet, there just isn't much end product there and isn't helped by his creative turn in hiding in plain sight on a football pitch. I thought he came across well on the podcast, but that doesn't make up for how far short he fell on the pitch for us. Just because Yogi Hughes is a confirmed w****r doesn't mean Barr get's off for being a shitehawk on the pitch, week in week out. 

The fact that Smith apparently offered him something doesn't mean, or hopefully doesn't mean that he wanted him as much more than a squad player.

On the topic of Dumbarton and ex Rovers players. Couldn't quite believe that Mark Stewart went from full time with us, playing in the promotion Championship playoffs, to relegation the following season, to then going part time, to another relegation to now playing in the 3rd tier. That's some downfall.