The New Raith Rovers Thread

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:28, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The Courier was linking us with Greg Fleming of Peterhead. 

Good to see the long tradition of fretting about new signings is being carried on though. 

He's signed a two year deal with Peterhead.

17 hours ago, buchan30 said:

He did a lot of running, but not much else when playing with scotland (which were the only games i seen him play) and the chances he missed were unbelievable. Holland at hampden, a case in point. Then there was the extra 3 or touches he use to take and let the defenders get back (Holland in amsterdam, italy in bari)

You don't want to sign one of the best strikers in Scotland over the past few season, who has been linked with Hibs and Motherwell, because of how he played for Scotland almost a decade ago?

If I were you I wouldn't want to sign him because his wages would bankrupt you within 3 months.

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Would be good if we could talk about the hypothetical signing of anybody tbh.

Seems a lot of business going on elsewhere with most of the P/T teams in the league.

The silence from San Starko is deafening!

Just because there's nothing coming out officially, doesn't mean nothings going on!

You don't want to sign one of the best strikers in Scotland over the past few season, who has been linked with Hibs and Motherwell, because of how he played for Scotland almost a decade ago?
If I were you I wouldn't want to sign him because his wages would bankrupt you within 3 months.
Thankfully Buchan wouldn't be paying his wages or it would bankrupt him.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:37, Hank Scorpio said:

I get the feeling the name of the second, as yet unnamed, striker who we are discussing terms with will do a bit more to lift spirits on here.

....and elsewhere in Scotland relegated Dumbarton F.C  and Mark Stewart have agreed to part company.  :whistle

Not surprised, been coming a while. Sure he will be a big miss as he did a great job with the youth team and was very enthusiastic and active in the community side of things. However, he has also been involved with 2 first team season failures, although I’m not sure what, if any, input he had amongst the various management teams so that is perhaps unfair.

Interesting  change of tone in the statement, hopefully moving away from the ‘Can’t stand in his way’ comments were used to seeing.

52 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Just because there's nothing coming out officially, doesn't mean nothings going on!

Yeah so we see, that's Craig Easton officially away.

....and elsewhere in Scotland relegated Dumbarton F.C  and Mark Stewart have agreed to part company.  :whistle
It's ok, he's signed for Stirling Albion. Arbroath would have been better IMO, closer to the sea for a speedboat.

30 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

Disappointed Easton is away.

Likewise, he did a hell of a lot for the club in the community, not just with the dev squad - that will be missed.

with Cuthbert out of contract, and Robertson potentially away, leaves a very sparse coaching staff!

If I were you I wouldn't want to sign him because his wages would bankrupt you within 3 months. And yet we spent money we didn’t have, so what am I yammering about.

Exactly, shite like spending money you didn’t have never stopped you.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:27, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be disappointed if Vaughan went to a club of a similar stature to ourselves. With that said, he's been off the boil for a bit and will be on our highest wage you'd imagine.

A club of similar stature to ourselves ?  LOL  . Livingston are in the SPFL , You clowns are in league 1 , beside the rest of the DIDDY clubs . Time for a reality check me thinks . :eek: