The New Raith Rovers Thread

A less than ideal solution given that many of our goals were lost from our inability to defend corners and crosses into the box.

He improved hugely at crosses during his time with us IMO. In the championship he did well from crosses, barring a wind assisted disaster against Dumbarton.

You don’t even know the keepers that’ll be in League 1 next season yet

Looking at the keepers that are signed up (most teams in that league now have a first choice signed up) there’s not one that is better that Fleming imo.

Unless I’m wrong East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton are the only ones that I’ve not seen sign a GK yet.

So yeah I’ve got a pretty good idea of the goalies that will be in League 1 next season.

This time last season we were tearing our hair out. Didn't get a single signing until 9th June and then three came along at once.
http://www.raithrovers.net/30132/triple-signing-coup-for-smith.htm

I’m not tearing my hair out. I can exclusively reveal that any new signings will be entirely underwhelming and that we’ll still be playing football - mostly badly - next season.

Decent keeper, however he isn’t in league one next season? The I’ve all standard was very poor last season, the two top teams had bombscares.

Fleming is also better than him.

The quote was referring to the standard of keepers in last years League One.

No idea about Fleming, can’t say I remember much of him if I’ve seen him.

The Courier was linking us with Greg Fleming of Peterhead. 
Good to see the long tradition of fretting about new signings is being carried on though. 
Doubt it as he want to stay with us when we went full time but it didn't not work out financially

According to FFP we are in advanced talks with a number of players covering all positions. A striker (presumably Duggan) is expected to sign next week with talks with another forward also close to signing apparently.

Smith saying that despite offering full time terms some part-time sides are still able to match us wage wise :unsure2:

The silence at Starks Park is deafening. Don’t shoot me down in flames please, these are just my thoughts. I think staying full time isn’t a good idea. Hearing that the budget has been slashed considerably weakens us even more. A clueless hoofball manager, he’s as tactical as a freshly laid turd. Yet even that has a tactic. We seem to let our coaching staff leave for snake mountain (DUFC). I just wonder what kind of calibre full time time players we’re looking at. Every other club apart from a few are making the right kind of noises in recruitment. Yet we are silent. Rumours are fine, but we need something to stimulate the Senses. The club are desperate for season ticket money. But they haven’t given us anything tangible to get behind them. Please I’m not trying to provoke a litany of abuse. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Smith saying that despite offering full time terms some part-time sides are still able to match us wage wise :unsure2:

If this is true, there is absolutely no good reason for ruling out the hybrid model that we ran previously. 

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The silence at Starks Park is deafening. Don’t shoot me down in flames please, these are just my thoughts. I think staying full time isn’t a good idea. Hearing that the budget has been slashed considerably weakens us even more. A clueless hoofball manager, he’s as tactical as a freshly laid turd. Yet even that has a tactic. We seem to let our coaching staff leave for snake mountain (DUFC). I just wonder what kind of calibre full time time players we’re looking at. Every other club apart from a few are making the right kind of noises in recruitment. Yet we are silent. Rumours are fine, but we need something to stimulate the Senses. The club are desperate for season ticket money. But they haven’t given us anything tangible to get behind them. Please I’m not trying to provoke a litany of abuse. Cheers.