The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Unless Smith plans to do something radge like put Davo in midfield...

One of the Development side success stories last season was Dave McKay, If Davo was played further forward I’d far rather McKay played and Mvoto was left to ply his trade elsewhere.

Signing Captain Chaos Mvoto and moving our most outstanding defender into midfield would be farcical, possibly even the stuff of nightmares.  Yeah that sounds about right for Baz.

Just now, DeeBairn said:
2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
I hope you're not warming up for The Festival with that patter.

The festival of bad jokes? Damn right I am. I'm on right after Davie Sinclair.

That be the same as Davie Sinclair that won a league cup winners medal with us aye?

Celtic fans didn’t seem to think he was funny that day. You might struggle if you’re on after him as the crowd might be hostile. I tell you what if you going for past it acts get that wee clown crunchy McAlister on as a warm up act you’ll knock em dead.

According to Smith we are in advanced talks with a 4th forward who will add another dimension to our attacking options.

Also looking to sign another goalkeeper according to Cuthbert so not sure what that means for Rory Brian.

I don't even think we need any more signings.

We've got our centre backs who can spend 90 minutes thumping the ball up to Duggan, while Buchanan and Vaughan try to feed off the scraps.

We can make up the numbers with the rest of our signed players because the long ball will miss them all out.

10 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Definitely long ball next season. ANOTHER forward? 

I like running with 4 forwards in a squad, I think if you run regularly with two out and out forwards as most lower league teams do, you need to allow for two different partnerships. Also have to factor in the notion that Vaughan may well spend his time back out on the wing again. 

Is he still waiting on Scott Robertson?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

I like running with 4 forwards in a squad, I think if you run regularly with two out and out forwards as most lower league teams do, you need to allow for two different partnerships. Also have to factor in the notion that Vaughan may well spend his time back out on the wing again. 

Is he still waiting on Scott Robertson?

Yeah I mean it’s fine, just thought priority would be a winger or a full back instead. But I suppose it’s down to who is available. McHattie to just come back again? :lol: 

Robertson is taking his time decidif actually. Surely there’s some sort of deadline on that?

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

According to Smith we are in advanced talks with a 4th forward who will add another dimension to our attacking options.

Also looking to sign another goalkeeper according to Cuthbert so not sure what that means for Rory Brian. 

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing our revolutionary  5-1-4 formation next season, reinventing Johan Cruyff's Total Football as Total Hoofball. 

11 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

To save anyone else the chore of having to actually look at FanTalk, it appears that someone buying a Disabled season ticket for his boy was asked which GP he uses, and then the club's "Disability Access Officer" phoned the surgery.

It really is a shambolic operation.

Obviously reading online takes out the tone of conversation, but surely there has to be some kind of verification process, like when buying a student ticket or getting discount for being unemployed.....

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

There is

Proof of entitlement is required if purchasing a disabled season so difficult to understand what the issue was with poster on fantalk.

Aye but there’s ways about it? Not phoning up the guys GP to confirm FFS...

Surely proof of entitlement doesn't involve phoning a GP for confirmation of a disability. A GP couldn't even disclose that sort of information to a complete stranger.

I'm lucky enough that none of my close friends or family are disabled but is there not some sort of blue badge you can use the same way you would with a student card?