The New Raith Rovers Thread

What's all this 'happy clapper' shite? I'm assuming you're referring to the people who won't sharpen their knives every time something goes wrong?

You're almost desperate for things to go wrong at the club just to give you all something good to moan about. Either that or you'd be moaning about too many kids coming to the games and whenever we get a bumper crowd it's shit because someone else sat in your seat.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What's all this 'happy clapper' shite? I'm assuming you're referring to the people who won't sharpen their knives every time something goes wrong?

You're almost desperate for things to go wrong at the club just to give you all something good to moan about. Either that or you'd be moaning about too many kids coming to the games and whenever we get a bumper crowd it's shit because someone else sat in your seat.

Do you go to the games or is it just your kid?

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I hope you don't use language like that in front of your children.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I support the team and the club. I don't sit at home salivating at the prospect of being able to moan like a miserable hoor.

Not miserable just a realist the stadium has been neglected coming from the guy that's owned the ground for years. I take no pleasure in the fact our club is a shambles but stating the facts obviously upsets folk.

8 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Not miserable just a realist the stadium has been neglected coming from the guy that's owned the ground for years. I take no pleasure in the fact our club is a shambles but stating the facts obviously upsets folk.

Under the terms of the rent the club was/is responsible for the upkeep of the stadium, not the owner. At least that was my understanding of it . Could be wrong.

Do you and the other idiots sit at home fabricating what you're moaning about next without checking any facts about what you're blowing your emotional loads over?

Sims not in this for just forking out money for short term fixes every time the club needs players. He's trying to set some kind of foundation for the future. Your short sightedness is amazing. Once the club starts to become a little bit more self sustaining then we might start to see the benefits of his investment.

Under the terms of the rent the club was/is responsible for the upkeep of the stadium, not the owner. At least that was my understanding of it . Could be wrong.

I'd heard that too. I'm not sure who paid for the maintenance of the pitch and all the equipment and also who the ground staff were employed by. Were they employees of Sims company or Raith Rovers?

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Do you and the other idiots sit at home fabricating what you're moaning about next without checking any facts about what you're blowing your emotional loads over?

Sims not in this for just forking out money for short term fixes every time the club needs players. He's trying to set some kind of foundation for the future. Your short sightedness is amazing. Once the club starts to become a little bit more self sustaining then we might start to see the benefits of his investment.

I'd heard that too. I'm not sure who paid for the maintenance of the pitch and all the equipment and also who the ground staff were employed by. Were they employees of Sims company or Raith Rovers?

So spending 700k on a pitch when the stands are falling apart! Where and when is the 200k coming from for floodlights then the extra changing rooms ? As it stands we struggle to be able to afford a squad of players can you please explain this? The ground staff were employed by raith ps what am I fabricating?

So spending 700k on a pitch when the stands are falling apart! Where and when is the 200k coming from for floodlights then the extra changing rooms ? As it stands we struggle to be able to afford a squad of players can you please explain this? The ground staff were employed by raith ps what am I fabricating?

That stands aren't falling apart. Every season we've applied for a safety certificate and as far as I can remember, we've never been denied one so I don't know where you're getting this from.

Maybe your attention span couldn't cope with the full Sim interview but he clearly says that the floodlights will be paid for with the VAT that's reclaimed from the cost of the new pitch.

Sims investment was in his property, not the team. I don't know how many times this has to be explained to you. The investment in the pitch will save the club money which will in turn benefit the team. With further investment the new pitch will hopefully start to generate revenue for the club which again, will benefit the team.

You're spouting your pish before you actually look into what you're moaning about. It's passed amusing and I'm starting to wonder if you struggle with comprehending simple information.

14 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

That stands aren't falling apart. Every season we've applied for a safety certificate and as far as I can remember, we've never been denied one so I don't know where you're getting this from.

Maybe your attention span couldn't cope with the full Sim interview but he clearly says that the floodlights will be paid for with the VAT that's reclaimed from the cost of the new pitch.

Sims investment was in his property, not the team. I don't know how many times this has to be explained to you. The investment in the pitch will save the club money which will in turn benefit the team. With further investment the new pitch will hopefully start to generate revenue for the club which again, will benefit the team.

You're spouting your pish before you actually look into what you're moaning about. It's passed amusing and I'm starting to wonder if you struggle with comprehending simple information.

The VAT is for a generator not the floodlights new floodlights are about 200k you simple twat!

Edited by Frank conner

A generator will cost more than paying for power, currently the club is paying the cheapest for electricity out all the football clubs in Scotland I know this for a fact.
On the current 3 hours a day, one day a week, 20 weeks a year basis, perhaps.