The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry lads, but that performance was an absolute insult to those who travelled to the game. It genuinely could have been 3 or 4 with no complaints.

Everyone was poor but Stevenson, Nesbit and Buchanan looked  absolutely miles out of their depth. Duggan looked Luke he pulled his hamstring and the young keeper had  a howler. 

Fans  travelled up in shit weather for two hours to watch that. Absolutely unacceptable. 

As for Hearts and Cowdenbeath, that's two games where we were able to defend and be hard to beat with little pressure on us to attack. Two games now we have come up against lower opposition with some emphasis on us to attack and create and we have soundly been beaten 2-0 both times. 

Big, big pressure on us now. 

Agree with this completely. 
A meaningless game in terms of the competition but also the last game before the next competition begins. Confidence, poise, belief all go out the window, perhaps only briefly if you're lucky, with a dispiriting defeat and the other teams take note. Stranraer for example can say "They got beaten 2-0 by Cowdenbeath and Cove and they are notoriously bad away from home. Let's have them." Whereas we go into that game on the back of another defeat, more injuries, missed another penalty and our best player by some distance yet to blink in the sunlight. I'm not ignoring Hearts and Caley results; quite the opposite. Where's the consistency? That comes down to management. If you can perform much better, why aren't you? Management needs to find the answers. I'm going to Stranraer next week. Imagine how crabbit I'll be if we get beaten again.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What kind of injury are we talking, for Thomson? Head knock, muscle injury?

Presume it's muscle. He didn't look particularly injured in that wasnt limping much. Might just be precaution.  

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
Agree with this completely. 

A meaningless game in terms of the competition but also the last game before the next competition begins. Confidence, poise, belief all go out the window, perhaps only briefly if you're lucky, with a dispiriting defeat and the other teams take note. Stranraer for example can say "They got beaten 2-0 by Cowdenbeath and Cove and they are notoriously bad away from home. Let's have them." Whereas we go into that game on the back of another defeat, more injuries, missed another penalty and our best player by some distance yet to blink in the sunlight. I'm not ignoring Hearts and Caley results; quite the opposite. Where's the consistency? That comes down to management. If you can perform much better, why aren't you? Management needs to find the answers. I'm going to Stranraer next week. Imagine how crabbit I'll be if we get beaten again.

Surely that's a question for yourself rather than me? I'm not the one losing the head after we lose a game which we knew had no impact on our season. I'd rather we weren't losing games and we didn't have an injury crisis.  

Fwiw, Stranraer have lost their last two games to Clyde and Edinburgh City.  As ever with football teams, it wouldn't surprise me over the next couple of weeks if we add to our squad with loanees or potential transfers. 

We've played 4 games with almost a brand new team of players, not even had a home game yet and the squad isn't 100% fit. There was a reaction from the Cowdenbeath game and a spirited performance against ICT. Today's game was a pain in the arse at best for the players and management.

People on here already getting the pitchforks out for Smith because of his tactics and team selection. Who else could he have played and what other formations would have suited us better?

There's a full season in front of us and its not going to be an easy one. But it'll be a hell of a lot longer and painful with the current attitude and mood of the fans on here.

Take some deep breaths and run a bath or go and karate chop some planks of wood. Just calm yourself down a bit. Get the Stranrear game out of the way then watch us tear it up on this new surface of ours.

Surely that's a question for yourself rather than me? I'm not the one losing the head after we lose a game which we knew had no impact on our season. I'd rather we weren't losing games and we didn't have an injury crisis.  
Fwiw, Stranraer have lost their last two games to Clyde and Edinburgh City.  As ever with football teams, it wouldn't surprise me over the next couple of weeks if we add to our squad with loanees or potential transfers. 
I wasn't directing the question at you. And it's not after one game. Today's result is symptomatic of a worrying malaise - inconsistency.

34 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Starks Park Properties and the club are two different entities, with two different budgets. 

They say it costs 30k a year maintenance with a 700k pitch that's 23 years maintenance the pitch won't last half that. We can't afford the new floodlights or the extra dressing rooms I can't see how we can make money from this .For all this talk of one person not being allowed to own the club SIM has a pretty goog monopoly.  I don't believe Starks park properties and RRFC are two different things in reality. 

We have no budget left and Smith is happy with his squad. Do you fucking read!!!!!