The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Aberdeen game was amazing. I missed out by being too far from the segregation to really hear the individual rage, but my word what an angry bunch. The sound of the booing at full time was utterly glorious - the best booing I've heard live. 

Edited by Michael W

43 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Aberdeen game was amazing. I missed out by being too far from the segregation to really hear the individual rage, but my word what an angry bunch. The sound of the booing at full time was utterly glorious - the best booing I've heard live. 

I saw at least three childhood friends absolutely seething that night. Great times. 

Weirder than that, I know some part time players for the likes of Peterhead and Elgin who train with other teams closer to home through the week and only meet up on Saturdays with their own team.
Mcgurn trained with morton while at us iirc

midweek game and we won 1-0, ally graham header?

The very one. I’m sure there was a massive delay to the second half starting as one of the officials got injured and they asked if anyone from the crowd could help out. I can just remember the singing going back and forth for ages during the extended interval.

By the time the teams eventually came out, the place was going mental. What a f***ing night.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Absolutely 0% chance Callachan will be back at us for next season. He’ll probably get his pick of teams in the championship fairly easy I’d imagine.

We also don’t have any money left in the budget now.

Livingston or Morton is where I think he will end up, as long as it isn't fecking Dumbarton!!

5 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The very one. I’m sure there was a massive delay to the second half starting as one of the officials got injured and they asked if anyone from the crowd could help out. I can just remember the singing going back and forth for ages during the extended interval.

By the time the teams eventually came out, the place was going mental. What a f***ing night.

The replacement linesman that night was everyone’s favourite ex director Eric Drysdale

In terms of atmospheres being better when we were next to each other, I remember a game at East End Park the season we won the League and League Cup, that was basically a must win for us.

I was right next to the cage, and loads of folk rushed it when we went a goal up, before the stewards shoved everyone away, then we ended up under a massive flag, which was the done thing in those days.

Before we’d even stopped celebrating, Pars fans were going radge back at us because they’d been awarded a penalty, which barely anyone had seen because of the flag.

By the time we’d moved the flag to one side, we had just enough time to see Hamish French’s run up and Scott Thomson saving his penalty.

Cue another massive rush to storm the cage and the stewards going mental. I remember a Pars fan actually turned round and head-butted the back of the stand.

This all occurred in the space of around two and a half minutes. Sensational. I’m sure there was around 11000 there that night.

Remember McAnespie’s free kick? [emoji5]