The New Raith Rovers Thread

I just find it a miserable day out. I went to Ayr both times last year, total pish.

Dont like Somerset at all, but i Think the worst thing about ayr is its a 2 n a bit hour drive back and it seems longer if you have been beaten and just want to get home.

Ayr is a great day out. 2 hours isn't too bad if you're driving, the train or bus is more of a pain but doable. It's a proper old style ground with terracing and a sketchy burger van and a game under the lights there is a great occasion. Much rather go to Somerset than Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone or Kilmarnock.

Dont like Somerset at all, but i Think the worst thing about ayr is its a 2 n a bit hour drive back and it seems longer if you have been beaten and just want to get home.
The worst thing about Somerset is that it's in Ayr. The fact its a shitehole and is over 2 hours away is secondary to that.

Yeah but I was also there when we beat them on the opening game of the season before. Great day out.

We went 12 years without a win in Falkirk then beat them to stay up in 2012.

Maybe the Rovers aren't for you if you actually enjoy supporting us. I'd suggest someone like Man City or Chelsea, you won't even have to leave the house.

Take it the mood swings haven’t subsided Martin ?

I agree, he doesn't seem to promise what he cant deliver, refreshing change from Drysdale , making the club live within its means, analysing how club is run on all levels,good to see

Also for a man who tells us he’s apparently not good at communicating, I feel to know more about what’s going on at the club than I ever have thanks to him

For those that haven't seen the Sims interview, its worth a watch. From a business side of things its clear he has the basis of a plan -along with a forward thinking mentality as well. There is obviously some question of how all of this will be paid for, but he's open about that at least! It does sound like if we can get past this rocky spell and get back into the championship, increase the gates and sponsorship levels, then the club has a really good opportunity going forward.

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

For those that haven't seen the Sims interview, its worth a watch. From a business side of things its clear he has the basis of a plan -along with a forward thinking mentality as well. There is obviously some question of how all of this will be paid for, but he's open about that at least! It does sound like if we can get past this rocky spell and get back into the championship, increase the gates and sponsorship levels, then the club has a really good opportunity going forward.

There's massive potential and I'm as positive about the club moving forward as I've ever been. 

The one thing I will say..... he does mention the massive to do list, and years of neglect in the stadium. Surely as stadium owners, they should have actually been seeing to that, despite the differences he/Starks Park Properties had with the previous board.

None the less, at least they are addressing it now. A new generator once the VAT is reclaimed from the pitch purchase, then on to the floodlights.

Some really interesting plans for the railway stand, which seems to include hospitality suites (for fitba and non fitba use) changing facilities, safe standing. Also - good that Penman seems to be taking an active role in this redevelopment plan, and funding these initial works on developing the plan.

Edited by GhostZapper

Nice to hear an actual plan going forward rather than just keeping the club afloat. 

Also really like how he wants the club to be based in Kirkcaldy with regards to all aspects of training. 

Every time I hear Sim's radical plans for the ground I keep thinking he's went round the bend. It just sounds so 'not us' when it comes to what we can physically afford or do. But hey ho it'll be exciting if Sim's vision pans out the way he hopes and benefits the club in the long term. Quite limited space at the railways side to struggling to wrap my head around how everything would look with a function suite/hospitality/media centre AND safe standing.