The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 hours ago, Raithie said:

Looks like the fans have chucked it already. Struggling to fill the SC bus with the probability of it getting cancelled for this Saturdays game and only 5 of FF interested in going.

Fair weather p***ks.

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Apparently the lines on the pitch have been painted wrong and the club have no idea how to cover the mistake and repaint. Seriously no joke.

Please be true :lol:

On 7/31/2018 at 17:23, Frank conner said:

I sat behind the dugout at the cowden game no player gave a shit what Smith was saying and Davo more or less told him to f**k off.

I alluded to this on Fantalk, my concern was that Davo had too much influence especially with the young boys. Then again if Smith can't stand up to Davo then he certainly should not be in the job, respect is a two way street.

As for injuries, well they happen, even in training, it just so happens that it is hitting us harder because, instead of a part time squad of 20+ we have a full time squad of about 17. Training injuries, in the main, are down to poor preparation and monitoring, in that case the management team are culpable.

1 hour ago, Deadly said:

I see Hearts have loaned players out to Montrose and EF this week.

Surely we have to be bringing in some loans to add to the threadbare squad?

Other than this keeper we've just got in, I wonder how many loan players we'll get in. Premiership teams maybe prefer putting players out to p/t times as then they can have them during the week for training rather than having BS possibly ruining them for six months or a season. I think I read (but maybe I'm wrong) that loaned out players can also play for their parent clubs in the reserve league. This is maybe less likely to happen if they're with a f/t club who would presumably want them training rather than back at the other club for a reserve match.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Oh don't worry - the way things are going you'll get the chance soon enough.

You'll still fail to actually win a title though. Probably stink the place out for another few seasons and then slither back up via the play-offs instead.

Erm no - you have won zero major honours. As the gormless Raith groupthink on this thread has so recently declared, the League Cup is in fact a 'diddy cup' that you were glad to get papped out of in humiliating fashion.  Which neatly corresponds to what yours truly has always said about the competition and your laughable veneration of what is not and never has been a 'major trophy'. Of which you have won precisely f**k all and never will. 

As I said, it's been  truly sumptuous reading. 

1501793020105.jpg.7749d02d09f76f712761abcc0a166b9b.jpg

virginton has the sheep been removed from your pitch yet?  grass must be short enough now.

2 hours ago, renton said:

We'd only go and get in a central midfielder :lol:

You'd think he'd be bursting his baws to bring in a winger if hes intent on playing a 4-4-2

Not sure if the loan rules changing might limit this given we've needed to bring in Kieran Wright.  I'd be delighted if we got Zanatta back, with that said the last time I aired that a few folk thought it was a ridiculous opinion. 

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

I would have thought it would have been the contractors responsibility to initially line the pitch, if so they should come up with the solution.

They can start by phoning Alloa and asking how they altered their pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

That's easy, they painted over the existing lines, granted it looked fucking awful.

See the source image

:lol:

Brilliant. It'll be like a game of 7s when all the pitches haven't been hired out.

"Lad's, we're playing to the WHITE LINE this week."