The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, invocr said:

Other than this keeper we've just got in, I wonder how many loan players we'll get in. Premiership teams maybe prefer putting players out to p/t times as then they can have them during the week for training rather than having BS possibly ruining them for six months or a season. I think I read (but maybe I'm wrong) that loaned out players can also play for their parent clubs in the reserve league. This is maybe less likely to happen if they're with a f/t club who would presumably want them training rather than back at the other club for a reserve match.

That happened with Zanatta last season. He played for Hearts U20s on a number of occasions.

Looking at the picture on the website, the dug-out side touchline looks considerably further away from the dug-outs than it used to be.....

If that is the problem and if the best solution is that Alloa example above then this could get quite tasty.

What a fuckin shambles we are!

image.png.14c86d7f677631214f8aa8e261e42158.png

Edited by Double Jack D

33 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Looking at the picture on the website, the dug-out side touchline looks considerably further away from the dug-outs than it used to be.....

If that is the problem and if the best solution is that Alloa example above then this could get quite tasty.

What a fuckin shambles we are!

image.png.14c86d7f677631214f8aa8e261e42158.png

Not convinced its that different - they've taken away the running track and laid the carpet right up to the wall, so might just be that.

10 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I would have thought it would have been the contractors responsibility to initially line the pitch, if so they should come up with the solution.

Surely it's the contractors job to lay the pitch, then it's up to your groundsman to line it to the dimensions Raith want?

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely it's the contractors job to lay the pitch, then it's up to your groundsman to line it to the dimensions Raith want?

If I were paying £700K for a pitch I would expect the contractor to leave it in playing condition, which is why I said 'initially'

As is practice, once handed over, it then becomes the responsibility of the client.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In one of our most positive moves this summer, McHattie is off to Derry City in Ireland so won't be re-signing with us.

I'm Looking forward to seeing Joel Coustrain skin him more than a few times when the Rovers visit in September.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

If I were paying £700K for a pitch I would expect the contractor to leave it in playing condition, which is why I said 'initially'

As is practice, once handed over, it then becomes the responsibility of the client.

The contractor is supposed to be taking care of the pitch for the first 6 months.

Surely the pitch lines not being right is a wind-up? Solid trolling if so, got many a bites.

We’ve got a young keeper in on loan. Surely to f#ck we’re bringing in more loan signings today/tomorrow? Anyone seen any ‘new’ faces at Michael Woods?

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:
11 hours ago, Zen Archer said:
I am very disappointed in our posters.
Two hours have elapsed and no one has conspired to make a link in getting a Rangers player on loan and David Bates.

Does that money not come from hamburg?

It goes to rangers first then they give us what we are due I'm led to believe. 

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Surely the pitch lines not being right is a wind-up? Solid trolling if so, got many a bites.

We’ve got a young keeper in on loan. Surely to f#ck we’re bringing in more loan signings today/tomorrow? Anyone seen any ‘new’ faces at Michael Woods?

Probably.

Us Rovers fans are well primed for expecting a f**k-up with everything though.